Coastal Multihull Handicaps

ScottiE

nice work getting these out early Anthony & co.

Aweful isnt an 8.5 -it is a grainger tri isnt it? about9-10m?

We should get the list split into the over 10.66m and under 10.66 as well as those are the divisions we'll be entering under.

dont see Tigre on that list...

Ninja got a very nice break by those numbers. I'd reckon in most conditions it will beat 888 and in some conditions (light/mod) it will thrash them.

Agir pour La Vie also isn't on the list and I know it won't be the rig that stops them going in this years Coastal.

You know how Keelboats have IRC, PHRF, General Handicap etc how would it be if the Multis had one result on TCF and one result on Racetrack numbers ?

I wonder if Markm could post a comparison chart ?

Handicap shmandicap

Leave race track out of the handicaps. Tim you very well know from your time as handicapper that two boat perform very differently between harbour racing and coastal racing. race track is a generalisation and not one race specific i.e. coastal classic. leave the handicappers alone. it is a tough job they do and it will never be right. they can handicap for what they think the race will be and Huey will come along and dish out something completely different so all the theories get thrown out the window.

I support what the handicappers do and occasionally it is wrong but if half of you put as much time in improving your boats and boat speed instead of bleating and trying to slow the rest of the fleet to your level i am sure your results will be much better.

I'd love it to Russell if I was sailing on Taeping its bloody hard to beat Taeping on Handicap and it has nothing to do with the improvements you have made and everything to do with a certain Dodgy skipper you have who likes to make his own handicap at least 2-3 % lower than it should be based on every other boats handicap !

I blame ScottiE, after all, he's the messenger and there's long and well established traditions that messengers be shot. After all, any messenger without the intestinal fortitude to refuse to carry messages for which they have doubts deserves nothing less.

Think there's a phrase about where angels fear to Tread TimW.

That said, assuming your handicapper will notice a comment and without identifying any boat other than that no one else seems to have noticed her, there is one that I'd say is very seriously non optimal no matter the method you use to figure out your handicap.

Of course, if the TAB are taking bets ... pretend I said nothing

If I was racing against Ninja and I cared about TCF I would be pretty dark about their Handicap. Its a joke.

Luckily I dont give a sh*t, top 3 ,8.5 on line is my goal and its a tough challenge with the fleet we have.

Glad to see the 8.5s Handicaps in the right ballpark figures. Id say everyone has a shot at 1st on Handicap, will come down to the weather on the day

Works for me :thumbup:

Is there any truth to the rumor that the ninja will foil ?

Ninja has Straight angled boards and no Rudder foil so someone has been telling you porkies, it won't foil at the start.

But it will fly, it has to, massive sail area and very light.

Yes but rumors need to start somewhere :roll: :wink: :)

Don't you just love Handicap discussions,

Even thoughs with low handicaps think it to high

But great to watch all the same

Archived