Three Kings Offshore Race

Aussie

Hello fellow competitors,

I am writting about the tracker for the Telecom Business Hub Three Kings Offshore Race.

RAYC is excited to announce that we will be using the Predict Wind mobile phone tracking system for the race. Chris Skinner, the sailing committee and I are keen to see as many boats as possible use the tracker and to make it easier on you, we will give you free beer!

Find a crew member on your boat with a smart phone, get them to download the Predict Wind Tracker (if they do not already have it), set it up for the race using the instructions sent to all the skippers. If you are having problems there will be help available at the briefing. For each boat that gets the tracker up and running before then end of the briefing

there will be a couple of beers on us for your trouble!

When the tracker is outside of mobile coverage it stores your GPS location, once it gets coverage all the data is sent to the server. Make sure your battery is fully charged, and for those of us who are going to take a while, charge it on the way.

There will be a spotprize of a bucket of beers at the prize giving for boats that have the tracker working for the entire race so keep your phone charged.

Please send me an email sally@expeditioncoppelia.com if you have any questions about the tracker, I am in charge of this so please get hold of me rather than calling Suellen who is organsing all the rest of the race.

Cheers and see you at the briefing,

Sally Garrett - Expedition Coppelia.

There will be a link on the RAYC site.

www.rayc.co.nz

I am super keen to have this work, so hopefully all the competitors will get onboard, I pushed hard for the free beer.

If you are racing on a boat get hold of your skipper and see if there is a plan for the tracker.

Just got my insurance policy today and notice that it limits us to races of 350 mile or less. Didn't notice it before but it was likely the same. Has anyone else had this? I'm with Club Marine.

AHOY all

Sailonline is buddied with RAYC for the Three Kings Race and the SOL race is now open for practice. We are sailing Farr 38s which should make us reasonably competitive vs the real fleet .... but in any event thanks to the Predictwind trackers we can at least keep tabs on yachtyakka who should be virtually sailing with SOL but who has, oddly enough, decided that the real thing is preferable!

If there are any other SOLers, other than yakka, who are taking part, please do let us know... as y'all know, having a connection/live interest in a real race makes the virtual simulation that much more interesting and "participatory"!

Otherwise, hope to see a bunch of you trying to get the NZ flag showing on the SOL podium!! 8)

Ill go through my stuff and find one for you. I know I have some of expedition Copella from the round nz from last year. should I just post it on the SOL facebook page?

Archived