Three Kings Offshore Race

Aussie

Guest Saturday Night Special

correct why cant these inspectors and YNZ get their sh*t together

So does that mean Crusaders coastal record doesnt count? Must do if the boat cant get Cat 3
Nice but where the race fleet?

TVS tracker does Iridium on 1 hour updates. When in 3G range; every 1 minute.

The fleet is on 3G...

Not many cell sites up where they are...

So does that mean Crusaders coastal record doesnt count? Must do if the boat cant get Cat 3

I know this forum isn't about crusaders cat 3 cert or the coastal but someone needs to think about this .... Boat doesn't meet cat 3 for this race, so how does it meet cat 3 for a race 4 months ago, yet the boat was awarded a record on a race that is cat 3 ??? Doesn't sound right

I know this forum isn't about crusaders cat 3 cert or the coastal but someone needs to think about this .... Boat doesn't meet cat 3 for this race, so how does it meet cat 3 for a race 4 months ago, yet the boat was awarded a record on a race that is cat 3 ??? Doesn't sound right

For fu*ks sake. what a load of dribble......

Talk about jumping to conclusions and speculation!

How do you know for sure that the keel was the reason they didn't get cat 3 or that the lack of cat 3 is even the reason they are not there?

How do you know that it's not a whole different keel mechanism than was used for the coastal or that the rules haven't changed in 6 months?

The boat had a cat 3 cert for the coastal simple as that.

seriously guys.

sorry for the thread drift but it had to be said.

Plot of the sched from last night. Promise didn't have a full report so not sure exactly where they are:

Cool. I take it that everyone bar Vodaboat are still going north?? What are 888 up to?

From TVS on FB...

TeamVodafoneSailing

Finished!

Sat 0507:40

Pretty light finish a good few bursts at times, 21hrs there 20hrs back.

I wish Akarana would pay their wind bill for this series. ( Noumea, White Island and 3 kings)

Plot of the sched from last night. Promise didn't have a full report so not sure exactly where they are:

Cool. I take it that everyone bar Vodaboat are still going north?? What are 888 up to?

Not sure what was up with 888's sched... I suspect that was a case of calling in the coordinates of where the cursor is on the plotter and not where the boat is!

Stoked that we've only had one withdrawal so far! Must be painfully slow though....

Haven't heard anything from the fleet today, perhaps they are still out of cell range.

Much discussions were had somewhere north of Kawau about what time the motor would start so people could get to work this morning... Midnight was the call on Outrageous Fortune.

At 10.30pm the lights of Truxton's were glowing brightly, bringing down some new breeze, the crew of Outrageous Fortune which had been sitting under mainsail only leapt into action, unfurled the flogger, then up with the headsail, down with the flogger, spinnaker hoisted, headsail down and we were off heading for home. Retirement avoided by 90 minutes.

Some 5 hours later after some glamour gybes and serious trimming concentration, Outrageous Fortune crossed the line ahead of the fast finishing Truxton to claim first monohull across the line. The caravan had prevailed against the lightweight contender.

As I sit here on the couch after some celebratory rums, I think I need a new house as the floor in this one is moving!

Wow, huge credit to the boats just finished, and some still out there finishing this race.

Tough conditions come in various forms, and for sure keeping her rolling in 3-6 knts of air is just as taxing as boisterous conditions.

We thought we had it tough when we could still see the fleet when we were drifting at little barrier on the way out, and again all day on Friday when we spent 7 hours on starboard to go 30-40 miles east out to sea, searcing for the breeze the forcast said would come in that night. Thankfully it did enought to get us home comparitively easily.

Big ups to the tenacity the fleet has shown.

PS. Its time RAYC paid their wind bill. Noumea, White Island and now Three Kings all drifters, come on guys get it organised please.

By my calculations, which may or may not be correct, Wandering Star might win this.

They need to finished before 17:30 ish tonight to beat Promise's time, go the classic kauri log :D

http://rayc.org.nz/sail-wave/3KINGS/13-3KINGS-MONO.html

Wantering Star's PHRF is 0.71 (offshore)

Cool Change is 0.755, but it looks like they've gone MIA :wtf:

Results have been updated to include Wandering Star.

Cool Change has the finish line in sight.

Archived