Auckland Boat Show 2012 Report + Pics

Fogg

I see a harken stand there - does that kind of stand usualy have any boat show specials? I am after a few new blocks, is there any point in visiting them?

Latest Burnsco catalogue has 10% off Harken gear, Clipmeister (for cardholders but if you aren't one, then I'm sure you know one).

No idea if that's good or bad or how it would compare with anything that might be available on the Harken stand but if you were just after a general sense that you didn't pay full price...in and out in five minutes and the job's done. :thumbup:

Good thread by the way AC, thanks for your efforts.

I see a harken stand there - does that kind of stand usualy have any boat show specials? I am after a few new blocks, is there any point in visiting them?

Latest Burnsco catalogue has 10% off Harken gear, Clipmeister (for cardholders but if you aren't one, then I'm sure you know one).

No idea if that's good or bad or how it would compare with anything that might be available on the Harken stand but if you were just after a general sense that you didn't pay full price...in and out in five minutes and the job's done. :thumbup:

Good thread by the way AC, thanks for your efforts.

I have found some good prices at nz-sailing.net website, seems hard to beat. Was after an exucse to visit the show when I should probably be prepping the boat for coastal as it is last weekend I have free till then....

for the software that turns your machine into a chart plotter, or can you get that for free somewhere I don't know about??

Plus I've looked at those sites a couple of times and given up, mind you I wasn't hugely dedicated.

Found this at LINZ - which one do I want?

Chart images

Paper charts have been scanned as high resolution tiffs and low resolution jpegs and may be downloaded here free of charge. more...

NZMariner - Raster Navigational Charts

Download NZMariner Raster Navigational Charts, and find technical information about format, encryption and use, plus availability and coverage. more...

Electronic Navigational Charts (ENCs)

Find out about Electronic Navigational Charts (ENCs) and what ENCs are available for New Zealand. more...

Geo-referenced chart images and data

Visit the LINZ Data Service to download hydrographic data and geo-referenced charts for free. more…

As a "misplaced misfit" thanks AC for letting me go to the boat show from Fiji.

Brien

What a cool post :thumbup:

I wondered over yesterday. Seemed a bit quiet but that could have just been timing. Car parking was a shocker and needs serious work.

What's happened to days of old where things were moving, demos happening and stuff like that. Again all that water yet nothing moving on it, bar maybe a Sealegs.

But I firmed up a few goodies so I left with a figuratively lighter wallet.

Wasn't overly impressed,

Went yesterday midday then onto Simrad p g

Allowed 5 hrs to have a good look at everything but after 3 hours we had done 2 laps and had 3 beers.

It was good to have a look over Stieny 2 and Lion and sorted a few other issues but could have done the same thing in an afternoon in the car and saved the $20 entry fee

Yeah, a big shop with a pay-to-enter policy is actually a good description. But I think most boatshows around the world charge an entry fee.

On further reflection, since relocating to the Viaduct Events Centre, I think the emphasis of tyhe whole show has shifted from the water to land.

And it's a double whammy, not only are there fewer interesting boats on the water, the stuff that is there is all very static. There was no movement or any kind of demos that I saw happening, no paid joyrides for the kids, nothing dynamic.

Maybe a sign of the (economic) times.

Archived