Who else thinks this is dumb?

Again, for the 3rd time, I think most agree that is makes a difference. I certainly do.

But it is dumb. It is a small, but measurable difference, but dumb. so much pain for very little gain. Ban it and it no longer matters if you do it or not?

But then again, I guess when you get down to it, yacht racing is an incredibly inefficent way of spending truckloads of dough to go, realisitically, very very slow!

But then again, I guess when you get down to it, yacht racing is an incredibly inefficent way of spending truckloads of dough to go, realisitically, very very slow!

Do ya think that snail racing is slower? Much cheaper too though...

While it's fun to stir up the multi /mono debate, I was thinking of why the mono sailors don't just come up with a sensible enforcable rule on crew placement, then the crew wouldn't have to do these silly gymnastics and give themselves gastric disorders by hanging on a 4mm wire. (I'd love to see one break one day and dump the whole lot in the tide!)

Seen this happen, yacht hit davits on start boat, didn't think there was significant damage. Half way up the upwind leg stanchions and lines broke, 5 MOB, only 1 crew left on yacht so other yachts had to pick up MOB.

Archived