Who else thinks this is dumb?

T30 - Demonstrator. Dunno if my 10 yo girl's that keen to race, more interested in hair, makeup and ponies, tho Mummy might take her out in a Ladies Race next season.

Saw the Atom Ant being built, it was Lie Detector back then

I merely have a vocabulary (that means I know quite a few words) and don't mind using it.

He's telling the truth, I heard him use words on 3 maybe 4 occasions now. Cross him on the racetrack and he does use quite a few words, knot many Granny likes though :lol: :lol:

And those talking about bum cheeks hanging over gunwales, I'd keep quiet as that is a naughty. Your waist should be inside the lower lifeline so unless you are seriously flexible or your lifelines aren't as taut as they are supposed to be you're likely to be pushing rule boundaries to the wrong side.

But saying that, as no one in Auckland, as least, knows what a protest flag is just go hard. People will bitch about you to others but do feck all else about it. It's a very safe harbour if you want to be dodgy during racing.

nice t30 if i ever get back up north to visit the olds i will be keen for a spin i fore decked atom ant when i was 13 when Phil hull had it in kerikeri i heard it was called that yer my 2 year old loves boats but don't know how long that will last hope forever haha good one knot me i think the protest thing applies everywhere

Have we not been through all this before?

I think the stupid part is dragging all that lead around, and still trying to go fast..

.... but doesn't a lead totter hold the popular multi hull coastal race record currently?

I think the stupid part is dragging all that lead around, and still trying to go fast..

.... but doesn't a lead totter hold the popular multi hull coastal race record currently?

I know you are stirring, but can't help myself. A stupid comment deserves a stuipd person (me ) to respond..

Yep, but believes shes about 100ft long? I think we wll know what a 100ft tri would do to the record (or Alpha).

Or even a 60ft multi for that matter..

I know you are stirring, but can't help myself. A stupid comment deserves a stuipd person (me ) to respond..

Yep, but believes shes about 100ft long? I think we wll know what a 100ft tri would do to the record (or Alpha).

Or even a 60ft multi for that matter..

me stirring?

3x 100 foot hulls...surely that should beat 1x 100 foot hull....

Wouldn't a fair match be a 3x 33? or 2x 50?

OR am I really stirring :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

.....goes and opens a well used can of old worms.....

The G3 should smash the record come the right conditions though.......It will be interesting to see by how much.

I'll place a bet of toward 5 1/4 hours.....if the weather is there.

While it's fun to stir up the multi /mono debate, I was thinking of why the mono sailors don't just come up with a sensible enforcable rule on crew placement, then the crew wouldn't have to do these silly gymnastics and give themselves gastric disorders by hanging on a 4mm wire. (I'd love to see one break one day and dump the whole lot in the tide!)

Nah, it's more fun to stir up the multi sailors, after all, their much vaunted 60 that was going to smash the Tauranga record, held by you guessed it, a lead dangler, well it's still held by a lead dangler.

Not only that, the lead swingers have much better rum racing, not that I would stir either.

Oh, and not that I would keep stirring or anything, but aren't X-Factor and Sundreamer most of 60ft so if these 60s are so fast, how is it they don't have the record, or is that a cat vs. tri sort of a thing?

Guest Rocket

I suppose we won't be able to hike on our lasers shortly then squid. Actually has merit - would save all that gymn work if we could sit inboard - then the jelly belly would be an advantage, and all the kids would be trying to eat up to look like us fat bastards.

I suppose we won't be able to hike on our lasers shortly then squid. Actually has merit - would save all that gymn work if we could sit inboard - then the jelly belly would be an advantage, and all the kids would be trying to eat up to look like us fat bastards.

I'd get back into Lasers if they brought that rule in!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I don't know the exact righting moment of a TP52 but I'd guess it would be around 12100 kg/m.

If the entire crew were to sail with their torso inside the lifelines and only their legs outside the righting moment would drop to 11920 kg/m.

That represents a reduction in RM of 1.5%.

I'm sure that would definitely make a difference, but surely its a very small gain, and as squid says if no one does it then no one gets that benefit, and all are equal.

...and your head makes up about 9% of your body mass (for those observing normal BMI guidelines for healthy living which probably only applies to those on the squaddie youth programme) so although it looks dicky I can see why.

Guest Rocket

I know from the Mumm 36 days (equalish boats) that coming out of tacks hiing hard makes a huge difference. Also on the MRX getting the trimmer and the mainsheet man hiking hard using the sheets to keep them attached really helps. Interestingly the hiking rails actually do equalise the crew positions up the front - so maybe that could be the future for all boats...

I know from the Mumm 36 days (equalish boats) that coming out of tacks hiing hard makes a huge difference. Also on the MRX getting the trimmer and the mainsheet man hiking hard using the sheets to keep them attached really helps. Interestingly the hiking rails actually do equalise the crew positions up the front - so maybe that could be the future for all boats...

Obviously the lower the righting moment of the boat the bigger the difference its going to make.

Squids post is a TP 52, quite a lot bigger boat than a Mumm36 or a Laser.

...and your head makes up about 9% of your body mass (for those observing normal BMI guidelines for healthy living which probably only applies to those on the squaddie youth programme) so although it looks dicky I can see why.

then should they not be hanging upside down, if you gonna look silly, that would be better :thumbup:

Archived