Who else thinks this is dumb?

Hanging over the rails like that

a) is uncomfortable

B) is unsafe

c) is not particularly efficient

d) makes you look like a dork

So why do it? If the rule said everybody had to stay inside the lifelines no one would be disadvantaged. If you want to get the crew weight further outboard, build the thing with racks/wings/trapezes.

Or does it keep the rail meat who don't have much to do entertained and feeling they are actually contributing something?

Multihull sailors feel free to chime in :evil:

post-3043-141887159542.jpg

So does people squeezed into Lycra who race bikes. Looks just so wrong and nasty, at least on the males. Also going that hard into corners you grey or knot black out during the Red Bull air races.

All just part of the game we play.

But a lot are pushing rule boundaries doing what some do.

Now lets see all the multi dudes have a crack at lead when they do seem to sail the least reliable boats and fall over that much insurance seems to be a bit of an issue :twisted: :wink:

looks allgud to me just part of it get that w8 out not sure how its un safe but thts just me i did grw up sailing wth th boi boys

altho thy r goin abit far holdn there hands out wldnt ya rather hold ur feet out or r your hands made of lead :lol: :lol:

Sod off back to school son. We do the English language here

mayb th multi dudes r slw :silent: :silent:

Don't know about that. Clipper responded to my post 5 mins before I posted it. Either that is bloody fast or he has ESP so don't piss him off as he'll know when you are out so can pop around and play rude games with your missus.

The ironic thing about that malarky is that it would actually have a far greater impact on the boats righting moment on a multihull than it does on a monoslug. (As on a multi the crew contributes a greater % of the boats righting moment).

For some reason though its never caught on in multi's.

It could be that multi sailors are scared of losing limbs,

or maybe they are scared of falling off the side,

or maybe they just don't want to look like dorks !

ha ha i don't really have any problem with multihulls just little fun i don't know why people have such a problem with crews doing this i was under the impression that racing was about pushing your boat and yourself but you know if you can't get your old ass on the rail there's always cruising :lol: :silent: :silent:

It's all about their attitude innit! Yes they look like dorks, no argument from me there. Will it make any difference? None at all. But they're giving it their all and it shows their wanna win attitude. Bunch of twats... :sick:

Guest Rocket

It does make a difference any physicist will tell you that. You guys stay sitting against the cabin top in identical boats - you will be last...

i wouldn't say it does nothing little but not nothing when i raced on atom ant we would get an ear full form Phil/hasler if we had more than one cheek on the deck but yer we do look like dorks and it isn't a comfy position

So why not write an intelligent rule? If no one were allowed to do it, no one would gain an advantage, the crew could be comfortable and safer. Example , if the rule said everyone inside the liflelines. Or if you want a rule that allows it, add wings or traps.

hmmm but that wouldn't be fair on boats with out wings/racks/traps what about coastal racing?i don't know aye i think its just apart of racing its not meant to be comfy and if you want fair go class racing or something

is that english?

oh and sorry clipper is this good

[quote="wal

hay mate back up the boat you don't need to go off the deep end its people like you that throw most young sailors off the sport maybe its you that needs to go back to school bit out dated

If no one were allowed to do it, no one would gain an advantage, the crew could be comfortable and safer. Example , if the rule said everyone inside the liflelines.

Mmmm rum in hand, stereo on, foam cushion or even a semi-couch wrapping up the side of the cabin, what time are the pizzas due out of the oven... :shh:

hmmm but that wouldn't be fair on boats with out wings/racks/traps what about coastal racing?i don't know aye i think its just apart of racing its not meant to be comfy and if you want fair go class racing or something

is that english?

oh and sorry clipper is this good

[quote="wal

hay mate back up the boat you don't need to go off the deep end its people like you that throw most young sailors off the sport maybe its you that needs to go back to school bit out dated

Actually sport I have had more kids/newbies come sailing with me than you can shake a stick at and they all love it and keep coming back. Also I find most of them are still no where near as quick as me around a yacht. Outdated? No, I merely have a vocabulary (that means I know quite a few words) and don't mind using it.

You're also welcome to come for a skid anytime - you'll enjoy it as much as anyone

hay wal i might have to take you up on that one day (maybe the next time i travel up north) all I'm saying is that you went a bit overboard i was put off racing for a few years when i was younger anyway what boat do you own/race I'm looking forward to the day i get to take my little girl out racing

Archived