End of Year Rum Race

No yellow paint thank goodness. However if you guys were not on the ball I would be spending the cruising season with a couple on Y11's hanging off the bow kebab style.

Tiller parts now in the workshop, repair number 478 underway.

There may have been an idea to gybe inside if there had been room but this was quickly thrown out as it was a rum race.

I was thinking at the time that hitting the mark after completing 90% of a full circle would mean another rounding for you but then someone passed me another rum :P

(might be a discussion for another thread in the new year)

Glad to hear no buoys were harmed in your unplanned move.

View from the fleet baby...

Early on...

DSCF0779-2.jpg

And after the finish...

DSCF0784-1.jpg

It's a bit tricky to handle tiller, mainsheet, and camera when you're that close to the water!

I noticed that we would bit sat in zero wind, with all the 40's heeled over a bit, quite often, especially on the leg back from torpedo. like this...DSCF0780-1.jpg

Really makes me want a bigger boat, but then I think "nah!" :lol:

Oh, and does anyone know why we got rum??? 'Cos it went down really well!

Team this is a bit of a long shot...

After the band finished a few people came back to G Pier for a few quiets, there was a chap who was getting cold so I lend him my Line 7 offshore jacket, which he promised to return...unfortunately he hasnt but I doubt there is any malice in it.

Does anyone know who this chap is and how I can get in touch with him.. jacket was reasonably new and as I discovered when cruising, my wifes is pretty darn small

Cheers

Tomo

We have a $3,500 Stand up paddleboard from NZSailing.net for a prize. Winner will be drawn from a hat.

How's that for news?

Full announcement by the end of this month - we'll open for entries 1 December. Goal for the year is 100 entries.

We need a theme for those silly buggers who like to dress up or decorate their boats - any ideas???

So, date looking around Wednesday the 18th?

I'm hoping to drag a few more boats over from "the western harbour" this time, just so I'm not the only small boat getting in the way!

I have a few interested, but then again, a few were interested last year, but failed to show on the day.

Definitely Fri 20th. I just need to stop selling houses long enough to get something written and we'll make the announcement.

Markm - did you get the email I sent (to the ASB email???)?

I understand Karl has the sign up page ready to go so we will start taking entries as soon as I get my A into G.

Big Announcement

NZ Rigging have stepped up to the sponsorship mark (thanks Bart!!!!) This guarantees the live band.

Now I really must get to work on getting the race organized.

Archived