End of Year Rum Race

A great night! :thumbup:

'Dead nuts last' again - 3rd year in a row.... have we been rumbled yet!!

Took some doing as we thought a 2 up Weta was racing but they passed Chelsea and kept on going up the harbour! :D

I was planning a bit of a write up, but some poor fool wants to make an offer on a house and I'm not actually feeling so flash. Maybe tomorrow.

But in the meantime and while it's fresh in everyone's mind, there is a sponsorship opportunity available.

Hangover mocks your feeble 'cures'

20-12-12

YOU shall not banish me with your so-called remedies, says your hangover.

As you consume handfuls of headache pills, a 93-rasher bacon sandwich and various expensive herbal potions, your hangover assured you that such efforts were worthless.

It said: “I would be angry if your efforts were not so pitiful. In fact, they amuse me.

“You summoned me, yet again, with your dogged insistence on consuming the dark liquors that bring only suffering.

“Now I am careering around your brain on a train with razor blade wheels, like an evil version of those things from In The Night Garden.

“I shall be staying all day, and possibly tomorrow. Let me check my diary.

“Yep, tomorrow is good for me.”

Your hangover added: “Cower as I make everything look painfully bright and slightly blurry. Whimper as I seed your mind with paranoid anxieties.

“Feel me strumming your neurotransmitters like banjo strings, sending sunbursts of pain out through your eyeballs and making you want to barf.

“Drink energy drinks, take a cold shower, eat a raw egg, I don’t care.

“Have another aspirin and kneel before my awful might.”

I take my proverbial hat off to the handicapper!

We started about 5 minutes late, and I think we finished about 5 minutes behind Vodafone.

So after sailing two totally different courses, and them sailing about three times the distance we did, the fastest and slowest boats finished pretty-much together.

And we had a pretty good battle with the other short course boats at the end too.

Considering we've not raced on the Waitemata before, thats some pretty intense calculation!

The biggest problem we had was getting through the wall of finishers as we tried to get back to the ramp afterwards.

Massive congrats and thanks to the organisers and sponsors!

I'll try to get more small trailer yachts for the next one, that was a great event.

WHAT A NIGHT. I had a great race on balistic and got a bottle of rum at the end of the race as they greatly apperiacte and use my photos (thanks) and had a great time at the club. Big ups to Booboo for letting us party on the mighty Cordite untill 4am. Cant wait for next years race already :D :D

Thanks for a great race guys, heaps of fun! We got some good pics, mostly of santa vs cruise ship.

154713_10151191807711169_874210664_n.jpg

Jeepers - That MRX is keen!

We had a great sail on High'n'Fibre!

Here is the finishing order, which I absolutely guarantee to be at least 90% correct. If you were missed it was probably coz you were overlapped or otherwise hard to identify (Grinna was seeing double at times), but if you know who was around you it might help.

1 Pukeko

2 U Choose

3 Chain reaction

4 Charleston (1st Multi)

5 House of Elliot

6 Atomic

7 Vodaboat (did they start at the right time?)

8 Caesar's Palace (all the way from Switzerland)

9 Valium

10 Ninja

11 Wishbone (and we gave Mount Gay to the first 10 :x )

12 5484

13 Fineline

14 Drop Dead Fred (Bananas in pajamas?)

15 Overload

WHAT A NIGHT. I had a great race on balistic and got a bottle of rum at the end of the race as they greatly apperiacte and use my photos (thanks)

Great to have you onboard. Very relieved to learn that you did not expect us to drink all the contents of that hhuge Esky that you carted down the dock. Hope you saved some of the rum for your next sail.

a.f.u

16 Archrival

17 8405

18 Perfect Alibi

19 Panacea

20= 5014

20= 169

22 Pretty Woman

23 T4161

24 Urbane Cowboy

25 Cherry Oh

26 Force 11 (stock standard Y11 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

27 Moody Blue

28 Crusader

29 Notorious

30 Pork Chop (great boat to borrow)

31 Excel (Sounds like a speadsheet)

32 Bizzare

33 Borderline (is it still for sale?)

34 Truckston

35 Hullabaloo

36 Peppermint Patty

37 4536 Nanamwawawnamamaana

38 Kia Kaha

39 Weta 86

40 Tie Pin

41 Duty Free (men in togas)

42 Weta 255

43 where napoleon pulled his BONAPARTE

44 Tigga (not Tigre)

45 Fast Company

46 Mojo in Xmas attire

47 Sex on Fire didn't pick up their rum for best boat name so I took it home and drank it.

48 Azure

49 9241

50 Dirty Deeds

51 Enema, Enigma, Angina???????

52 Cordite

53 Transformer

54 Grunt and Fart Machine

55 Infiltrator (may the force be with you)

56 Weta 1

57 Pacquita

58 Outrageous Fortune (someone finally explained that name to me - it's a TV show)

59 8145

60 7472

61 3771

62 6358

63 Magic 002

64 Timberwolf minus Tim

65 Hot Gossip

66 Elephunk (what does that mean?)

67 The Entertainer

68 4476

69 Powerplay (did they bump into something?)

70 5907

71 MRX 2001

72 Team Sex a close second in the boat name competition, would have won had it been "Group Grope".

73 Motorboat (should have been disqualified for that name)

74 8375

75 Hooters

76 888

77 Magic ?????

78 I 35 (cruiser - never seen before - welcome!)

79 Elliot Energy

80 Gulfstar 41 (a note here about mankini wearers by Mrs Grinna - can't quite make it out)

81 Infatuation

82 Tigre

That was the 8 pm cut off, there were a few others, but my eyes were blurry, feel free to add your boat name if I missed you

That be my first Mark Foy, and was thoroughly enjoyable!

Thanks BooBoo for granting me passage aboard the mighty Cordite! Any time you wannabe oversheeted, I will be happy to oblige.

I can't believe you kids kept it up till 4am. :crazy:

...and big ups to Westy - the flying Darth Vader - twas quite the spectacle. :clap:

Anyhoo - thanks ya'll for a great event! :thumbup:

What a shitfight, the handicaper has a lot to answer for. He did such a good job that at the bridge second time around there wasnt a 60' gap even to fit a boat through, we had to slow down to leaner speed.

Vodaboat did start at the right time, well actually a couple of minutes late for the first start cos we screwed it up.

We did the two laps and finished the first one about 3 minutes before the time we were given for a start if we were going to do one just lap, but the breeze crumped and the second lap was much slower.

Great night thanks to the organisers :D

That be my first Mark Foy, and was thoroughly enjoyable!

Thanks BooBoo for granting me passage aboard the mighty Cordite! Any time you wannabe oversheeted, I will be happy to oblige.

I can't believe you kids kept it up till 4am. :crazy:

...and big ups to Westy - the flying Darth Vader - twas quite the spectacle. :clap:

Anyhoo - thanks ya'll for a great event! :thumbup:

Where were you????

No yellow paint thank goodness. However if you guys were not on the ball I would be spending the cruising season with a couple on Y11's hanging off the bow kebab style.

Tiller parts now in the workshop, repair number 478 underway.

Archived