SI Boat Builder ion Liquidation

wheels

Sounds like UNITEC is building on the future and will have the next generation ready for the next upturn cycle.Just gotta figure out where the sink goes in the 550 talking of Shaw designs! Whats the count now?

WOW Dan Leech on SAIL ANARCHY Dave Tiller on blur se There is a few people running with the ideas just need to get behind them! Just thinking what I said "IS THAT A TRANSOM DISSAPPEARING IN FRONT OF ME?" CHEERS

The future of yacht racing is in trailerable designs Huey!

Just need to get people to understand that it's not the size of your pecker but the number of fast and lightweight peckers you're mixing it up with that counts! :D

Just need to get people to understand that it's not the size of your pecker but the number of fast and lightweight peckers you're mixing it up with that counts! :D

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mixing with too many small peckers could leave ones pecker badly fouled.

But agree totally. Large fleets of small "Gulf cruiser/racers" with minimum crew, and box ruled to conntain cost would be awesome.

Maybe a hotrod division :lol:

Yeah.....nah. Either you're a racer or a caravan. That's the way forward. Once you weed out the "I want to race but also have a double scratcher for my missus" saps the future of the sport becomes a lot clearer. Does Mark Tod have a sink on his horse? Does Mahe Drysdale have a shitter fitted to his skiff? Does Lisa Cartington have couches on her kayak? Champions don't fit cruising gear. :D

Yeah.....nah. Either you're a racer or a caravan. That's the way forward. Once you weed out the "I want to race but also have a double scratcher for my missus" saps the future of the sport becomes a lot clearer. Does Mark Tod have a sink on his horse? Does Mahe Drysdale have a shitter fitted to his skiff? Does Lisa Cartington have couches on her kayak? Champions don't fit cruising gear. :D

I recognise this may be tongue in cheek, but will answer as though you are serious.......

Seems more like a way to kill the sport than encourage it.

I like to race. I like to cruise. I canot afford 2 boats. Choice is basically a 'compromise boat' or a bach.

Your examples are also irrelevant. A finn, a laser, a sailboard, a 470 - no bunks or shitters on any of them...

. Does Mark Tod have a sink on his horse? Does Mahe Drysdale have a shitter fitted to his skiff? Does Lisa Cartington have couches on her kayak? Champions don't fit cruising gear. :D

None of those people own their own boat/horse I wanna be a champion too, let me know where to pick up my shaw 550 and I'll retire the 6ksb

Oui, wheres my stalker / thread drift stopper gone to?? Horses, kayaks, Swells penis..... Holy shite, and all on a yachting forum. No Bloody wonder the world is in the state it is. To find he's just a hypocrite comes as a total surprise.... knot :lol: :lol:

Thats funny, there is humour here afterall.

:lol:

Perhaps some relatively recent history. The boat building heyday in NZ we're talking about, post war through to the infamous boat tax , was driven by caravans. It was all about getting the family on the water and had the collateral advantage of something to race as well. Thats why they all have stoves and heads, and anchor lockers. Even our classics from the turn of last century to the second world war therabouts are all ultimately cruiser racers.

We must be the world capital of cruiser racers,or racer cruisers, or whatever permutation of those you like to hear.

There's a reason the Farr 395's are cheap. Sadly many of them are having major delam issuess (Carol Marine builds) I also thought they looked great too. GO the Ross 40 I say!!

Young 88s are the way forward.
Na they won't do it. What we really do need is a one design ;)

Yeah! Yeah! We should have a design......wait for it........COMPETITION!!!!!!

Design competition! Oh Im in but can we keep it in reach of everyday kiwis? Carbon rigs, rudders, canting keels etc are all great except for keeping costs down, which imo is most important thing over pure boat speed to promote a one design fleet..If that's even possible?

How about 8.5 but with a one design hull and keel from one class appointed supplier

Max Air-draft, Prod Length, Sails restricted to within box, 8hp Outboard, Minimum Weight

Deck, Mast location, Cockpit, Interior, Rudder open and completed by owner. Must have Cat3. Crew 5

Archived