NZ designed Mini 650 kitset and South pacific Mini circuit.

B00B00

Igor we've got 450sq ft to windward without getting teco with the jib around the spreaders

I got that number from net. That is heaps to get in trouble mate.. Nice work on the rig and stuff. Look forward to the meeting mate. Been doing a bit of my own daydreaming on it (attached) :)

post-10330-141887154492_thumb.jpg

That does get the juices flowing. Pretty sure PCC have a whitboard, but wo'n be able to get in there before Monday.

Actually a projector/data thrower would be brilliant, He has some cool stuff on the computer.

Guest stealth pussy
From the latrest newslatter on the Solo Trans Tasman:

MINI TRANSATS

Scott Cavanough, from Manly in Queensland, will be racing his brand new 6.5m Bakewell – White designed Mini Transat, Skippy Challenge, in next years race and will show many larger yachts the way home to Mooloolaba. Scott’s normally bosun on the 41m rebuilt J Boat, Ranger in the Mediterranean, Caribbean and US eastern seaboard.

All best,

Lindsay.

Thanks Lindsay

As a owner of a mini in Aus, I would love to see more around in Aus and NZ. There seems to be a whole lot chat on the net with not much action, More action less chat. Not even LeoV sees this much banter on his site. So when one of you kiwi's is finally up for a match race across the Tasman, game on. I'll be there!!!! :clap:

Almost final, just need to chat to PCC for Wed night. They have always been very accomodating in the past, I was tied up last week, will do it monday.

I took a model down for a tow test yesterday and got some short video clips, which hopfully we can replay tonight.

Here's a few stills from the video

post-234-141887154736.jpg

post-234-141887154739.jpg

Nice sized turn out last night with yet more new faces and serious interest. Some good suggestions and offers of help. Bloody good offer made which may lead to us getting access to some very technical assistance. That would be brilliant.

Nice to see the Industry getting in behind the project so well with offers of help and some very sharp pricing, good on them.

Things are coming along very very nicely and good ground being made. We've even been getting enquiries out of Aussie looking at getting in on the project as well.

Big ups to Gazza (fng to those who don't know) for the time and effort he's putting in. He's a thinker that lad.

Damn wrong button and the edit ones missing again.

Just was going to say that very very shortly (a week or 2) we hope to be able to send anyone interested a reasonable firm proposal with regards to options and costs. Obviously all will be subject to final numbers but it should be bloody close to the finished item.

I say final numbers as the more we end up with, and at the moment it could be a good number, the more horsepower we have to screw suppliers and etc.

So if having a never (unlikely) to be repeated chance of getting a fast Ocean racing capable international class race yacht for bloody cheap tickles your fancy drop a note to Mr Squid (editor@crew.org.nz) and he'll add you to the mailing list. Hopefully he sees this so knows why he's getting those emails.

And as a FYI - there are quite a few looking doing a boat in a partnership. As the coastal races like RNI, White island and so on would probably have to be 2 handed for safety reasons, like knot getting run down or running into a ship, this project does lend itself to a partnership very well indeed. There is at least 2 firm partnerships into it and quite a few others looking at it very hard. Spreading the cost, the bum washing and the huge fun, can only be good. Yes, accommodating the extra rum aboard will knot be an issue.

Also a great opportunity to learn a few boatbuilding tips and tricks along the way with the proposed workshops as the project ticks along. One proposal and probably one of the better options would involve some amount of boatbuilding work by the owners. But it is knot high tech stuff and easily do-able by most especially as the workshops will cover exactly what you need to know. From experience I can tell you the day you launch a boat you built or did a lot of the building of, is a special day. "How cool is that, I built that...Oh Yeah. What's more the fecker floats" :lol: :lol:

And the designs do lead themselves to having a huge fornacatorium in them, king size plus. And we were assured last night there would be sufficient headroom for most creative activities that could happen is such an area, if ya catch my drift. So a weekend away with the girlfriend (or 2 maybe 3 if you're real lucky ;) ) is very 'do-able' in many ways ;) :lol: :lol:

Next AKL -Noumea race. 10 big boats and 10 Minis, how cool would that be, especially as the minis given the right conditions could easily knot be the last boats to finish.

Archived