NZ designed Mini 650 kitset and South pacific Mini circuit.

B00B00

yes chris's bakewell white keel set up is worth thinking about, the only thoughts against is access to the escape hatch in the transom I remember thinking that I would have trouble getting there via the quaterberth if full wet kit.

Perhaps Jono can shed some more light on that.

The box and cockpit really kept the interior dry. Chris had the HF behind the box. I had to crawl behind into the black cave to do skeds in the trans tasman. It worked really well, and the screwed top of the box added a step in.

I think the bigger issue for escape is having enough transom to get in a big enough hatch. I don't know if I could have got out. The entry hatch into the cabin was small enough.

about the transom escape hatch- why not have a raised section in the middle of the transom 'bout 2ft long, 150-200mm high and 400-500mm wide?

Hi guys. keen to be in on the loop. is there an email list i can be part of or should i just continue watching this forum.

i think this is a great idea and i am watching the progress with interest. could only finance with sponsorship!? anyone with big pockets out there?

guys im making an rc mini 650 (have made the plug). i dont really know how much weight to have on the keel, im thinking 400g on a 300mm canting foil. what do you guys reckon?

Hi all, some weekend progress

the cabin is over length, so it may give an the illusion of being larger than the finished result. the fancy corner fillits come last.

post-234-141887153885.jpg

In reality sitting, but there is near on 1.6mtrs from the bottom of the hull to the top of the cabin.

In the rules they only state a roof volume minumin ( basically half a square mtr ) for the proto's, and a headroom minumin for the series builds ( 1.4mtrs - volume .6m3 )

the trend is for more shelter and better entry access. they must also have a minumin companionway cover or eyebrow of 125mm.

you could look at the extremes that the open 60's have gone with sliding cabins to protect the cockpit ( virbac and foncia being classic examples )

forgot to put how big the boat is, its roughly 1:11 scale or 600mm long with a 1100mm rig

I would say 400g is a bit light on, I have a 600mm model (in fact I have 2 of them) both with 800g on the bulb.

our rule was 1050 from the top mast to bottom of the keel (to make them fit in the car easy without pulling them apart) so the rig height is only 750 with a huge square head main and mast head jib, even then its quite tender.

wind warriors have about 850g I think.

would love to see your boat when you are finished, I think I could get about 4 or 5 together for a few races if you were keen.

I also had a play with the cockpit ergonomics inthe weekend and through a jig together this evening to check it out I found the foot chocks a little far away, but a few more bits of mdf and hey we have a winner tested at near on 18 degrees or windward sailing. From judgeing the size of all of you at the Auckland meeting I would consider muyself fairly average in height, maybe not in girth

post-234-14188715415.jpg

post-234-141887154152.jpg

That's a classy test rig but knot too sure about the model ;) :)

You thinking that tunnel up the middle to the escape hatch trick?

Archived