Towing service...DENIED

Ptown

A little birdie told me this was coming:

from the latest Westhaven newsletter... TOWING NOTICE

Please note that the towing service previously provided by Westhaven is no longer available. Assistance will not be unreasonably denied if the breakdown occurs within the Marina water space. However, Coastguard assistance is recommended.

I guess I'll just have to sail into the marina then breakdown... :thumbdown:

Does this mean a DROP in marina berthage fees equal to coastguard membership :?:

Tui's add = Yeah Right :evil: :evil: :evil:

Off to was my mouth out with soap :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tell them thats as sailing in the marina is not allowed you will anchor in the fairway / entrance while waiting for a tow - might be an hour or so until Coastguard arrives....

No birdies Ptown.

Confirmed as in latest Westhaven Marina Newsletter emailed today.

Don't worry, soon there will only be ONE entrance and it will be even easier to block everybody whilst one tries to restart one's motor.

Extra points available if you can trap a fully tourist / sightseeing / loaded Fullers Ferry or more for the Police boat.

Can't say I've seen that tourist boat in Westhaven since the A pier entrance got its dogleg.

We've 'sailed' in a couple of times. fried gearbox once , 'someone' getting the fuel tank budget confused once. That tank had nothing in it you know, as I discovered at A pier,... the other one had 70 litres. :lol:

My understanding is that the catalyst for this decision has been the abuse of the service (and the staff who provide it) by a particular individual recently. Rather than learning how to handle his vessel he was making unreasonable demands on Marina staff to assist with towing, docking and manouvering his vessel to the point where it was tying up staff for many hours at a time and preventing them from their core functions ... the provision of security for berthholders and the maintenance of facilities and infrastructure.

If that's the case Grinna, I think the marina has used a sledge hammer to hit a tack.

Why penalise the vast majority because of one "idiot". Just tell the idiot to get stuffed/get out of the marina/bugger off. The marina has rules to cover this.

Like a football team, penalise the guy who transgresses, not the whole bloody team!

Or, (conspiracy theory coming :shh: ) the "idiot" is powerful/on the council/commodore of something or other/daughter is married to mayor's son/or daughter?/has a shotgun and isn't afraid to use it................etc, etc.

the catalyst for this decision has been the abuse of the service (and the staff who provide it) by a particular individual recently.

Trust that guy to ruin for everyone else. I suppose he was turning the air Blue with his demands and expecting such service as if it was his Sovereign right. :wink: :wink:

This wouldn't be the guy, second row back from the western entrance that got sideways in his pile berth and dragged his anchor equipped bow along the whole length of his neighbours boat (both about 50') a couple of weeks ago?

the catalyst for this decision has been the abuse of the service (and the staff who provide it) by a particular individual recently.

Trust that guy to ruin for everyone else. I suppose he was turning the air Blue with his demands and expecting such service as if it was his Sovereign right. :wink: :wink:

Oh FFS, Bill's back ....

R.

My understanding is that the catalyst for this decision has been the abuse of the service (and the staff who provide it) by a particular individual recently. Rather than learning how to handle his vessel he was making unreasonable demands on Marina staff to assist with towing, docking and manouvering his vessel to the point where it was tying up staff for many hours at a time and preventing them from their core functions ... the provision of security for berthholders and the maintenance of facilities and infrastructure.

Not this vessel surely??? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Blue Days.JPG

"Assistance will not be unreasonably denied if the breakdown occurs within the Marina water space."

I think the guys are pretty good at Westhaven. If you are stuck just outside the marina entrance I am sure they will send someone out. If you are stuck there every weekend because you can't handle your boat or don't maintain it then they now have an out.

From what I'm told they (the coal face) will provide assistance but they are under more and more pressure from management to deny and I'd suspect that if you're reasonable then no problem but now they have the formal authority to deny plonkers and abusers

Archived