Naples Coverage - live at midnight tonight

Hurts

Out of the Match racing.

1st with one race to go and a 5 point lead.

Won 3 of 6 races, only team to win more than 1 race.

Why does the 7th race get so many points.

Yea boy. 2 more wins last night.

Deno and the boats have to be the best AC sailing team in the world right now with those results. Peaking at the right time.

Nice work :thumbup:

Out of the Match racing.

1st with one race to go and a 5 point lead.

Won 3 of 6 races, only team to win more than 1 race.

Why does the 7th race get so many points.

Because its "super Sunday"

I think it's a stupid idea

Gotta say have not really followed this circus much - the twisted points system makes a joke of it all as far as I am concerned - the points at the end indicate little to me in regards as to which team are sailing the best.

What ever happens in Naples ETNZ will rank under the points system in midfield.

Calm down boys and girls.

One swallow...

The opposition may not be peaking yet nor showing all their cards.

A 45 Is not a 72

This is hardly a comparison to sailing in San Fran.

Deano may have just peaked. As history has shown before DB looks good up until the main event.

Poker faces please gentlemen

The Fat lady is not even in the room yet.

After OC's slating a few posts back it's nice to see Dean stick it to the fleet two races in a row. Must be good for moral even if it is only in the 45.

Good to watch last night. Especially enjoyed the 2nd race where they passed Brunni with Ainsley also putting them under extreme pressure.

With the silly scoring system they may still not win the regatta but they will have the most guns regardless which must be good for confidence

and a good tune up. I'm sure even OC was doing a few fist pumps in the air at that performance :-).

For the purist moaners the match race between Ainsley and slingsby was quite "classical" - Impressed with Slingsby. Flights to SF don't seem

so expensive after all...

One swallow...

A 45 Is not a 72

Deano may have just peaked. As history has shown before DB looks good up until the main event.

You and OC need some lessons in reading comprehension. Which means understanding what is written. This thread is about Naples, OC has been unfairly slagging ETNZ, that is what myself and others have been commenting on.

As for all the other threads on the AC, the common thread (as I see it) is that etnz is looking like the best challenger, and no one really knows how they will go if they make it to the final. You are the nutter saying how bad ETNZ is, and slagging them off constantly.

You are of course, welcome to have a different opinion to others, but learn to be less repetitive and arrogant in your presentation of your opinions. I'm sick of your unjustified negativity about so many things, and while other my agree with you, they do not state things with such certainty.

One swallow...

A 45 Is not a 72

You and OC need some lessons in reading comprehension. Which means understanding what is written. This thread is about Naples, OC has been unfairly slagging ETNZ, that is what myself and others have been commenting on.

As for all the other threads on the AC, the common thread (as I see it) is that etnz is looking like the best challenger, and no one really knows how they will go if they make it to the final. You are the nutter saying how bad ETNZ is, and slagging them off constantly.

You are of course, welcome to have a different opinion to others, but learn to be less repetitive and arrogant in your presentation of your opinions. I'm sick of your unjustified negativity about so many things, and while other my agree with you, they do not state things with such certainty.

Lessons required. What are you talking about.

ETNZ is Not looking like the best Challenger. on the Stats Lunna Rossa is.

Whats more the Challenger series is about Match racing not fleet racing. ETNZ on the Match racing standings at the moment are in 5th Place and lunna Rossa is in 4 th place, Lunna rossa are in the final against Oracle with a race to go and ETNZ are gone. Even if lunna Rossa looses against Oracle it would put them even further ahead of ENTZ. ENTZ is not racing on the final day and Lunna Rossa is.

On the over All standing at the moment Oracle are 220 points and ETNZ are 160 points Lunna Rossa is 171. With a race to go and ETNZ is not racing.

Comprehension? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comprehension Read this http://www.americascup.com/en/news/4/events/15295/slingsby-ready-to-deliver-americas-cup-world-series-championship-for-oracle-team-usa

I,m not slagging ETNZ just reading the Stats and giving credit where credit is due instead of as some are trying to spin ETNZ is better than the results show and slagging the opposition. It appears it is in order to slag the oposition but it is not acceptable to high light the facts about certain other competitors with retailitary spin.

Fleet racing is entirely different to Match racing. Perhaps a possible explanation is the leaders usually cover their main threats and with ETNZ

having a low points total, where seen as not being a threat and where not covered in the pre start maneuvers. In match racing this not a factor because there is only a single boat to worry about and cover.

You and others have not said, however ETNZ is only leading in this particular regatta and try to make out that they have been consistently sailing the same way for a long time when in fact they have not. The series is called The Americas-cup- A45 world-series-championship.

Views and beliefs are views and beliefs.

OC.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :sailor: :sailor: :sailor:

One swallow...

A 45 Is not a 72

Whats more the Challenger series is about Match racing not fleet racing. ETNZ on the Match racing standings at the moment are in 5th Place and lunna Rossa is in 4 th place, Lunna rossa are in the final against Oracle with a race to go and ETNZ are gone. Even if lunna Rossa looses against Oracle it would put them even further ahead of ENTZ. ENTZ is not racing on the final day and Lunna Rossa is.

On the over All standing at the moment Oracle are 220 points and ETNZ are 160 points Lunna Rossa is 171. With a race to go and ETNZ is not racing.

Comprehension Read this http://www.americascup.com/en/news/4/events/15295/slingsby-ready-to-deliver-americas-cup-world-series-championship-for-oracle-team-usa

I,m not slagging ETNZ just reading the Stats and giving credit where credit is due instead of as some are trying to spin ETNZ is better than the results show and slagging the opposition. It appears it is in order to slag the oposition but it is not acceptable to high light the facts about certain other competitors with retailitary spin.

Fleet racing is entirely different to Match racing. Perhaps a possible explanation is the leaders usually cover their main threats and with ETNZ

having a low points total, where seen as not being a threat and where not covered in the pre start maneuvers. In match racing this not a factor because there is only a single boat to worry about and cover.

You and others have not said, however ETNZ is only leading in this particular regatta and try to make out that they have been consistently sailing the same way for a long time when in fact they have not. The series is called The Americas-cup- A45 world-series-championship.

OC.

Oh dear. Luna Rossa looking like the strongest challenger?

To win the LVC?

I though myself and others were talking bout the Naples event only, I certainly wasn't looking big picture.

The AC will not be about match racing at all, will be about the fastest boat. Always has been. Never has a faster boat been out sailed by a slower one.

We are clearly 'talking' at cross purposes, and what I would like to say will be deleted by squid, so I'll just give up now.

OC.

Oh dear. Luna Rossa looking like the strongest challenger?

To win the LVC?

I though myself and others were talking bout the Naples event only, I certainly wasn't looking big picture.

The AC will not be about match racing at all, will be about the fastest boat. Always has been. Never has a faster boat been out sailed by a slower one.

We are clearly 'talking' at cross purposes, and what I would like to say will be deleted by squid, so I'll just give up now.

I can remember when ETNZ had the fastest Boat and where beaten when they had to do penalty turns.

I gotta say this

I really can't understand why people get so emotional. I don't care if Dean Barker is a better helmsman than Russell Coutts (or whoever it happens to be today). Though I wouldn't mind being half as good as either of them. I really, really don't care. How they perform does not reflect on me nor my family. I would like to see some good racing, but so far it has been too difficult to find on my outdated TV or on line. Take a deep breath, calm down, and go for a sail.

This is the most exciting Americas Cup bar none. Cant wait for the racing to start. My only concern is how boring it will be to watch once we find out that ETNZ has a much faster boat and wins every race by a long way. Good problem to have though :thumbup:

Archived