America's Cup - Race 9 & 10

Mothership

I think the defining moment in the AC is just how many defining moments there are in this AC. There seems to be a new one every 2 to 3 minutes listening to some commentaries.

Also interested to see the TV is 8-10 seconds behind the radio.

On reflection I'll give that race to Ray Davies. At the ww mark he obviously wanted the right side of the gate, thought well ahead and positioned the boat with room to dip OR and still get the side he was after. And it paid off. well done.

Okay, so I did some simple analysis. First 7 races ETNZ had an average 0.9 knots minimum tacking speed advantage over OTUSA. Last three races that has reversed OTUSA now average 1.4 knots minimum tacking speed advantage over ETNZ.

Great Race! Just about needed a defibrillator... Best Americas cup race ever!

2 to go.

Oracle have made some monumental changes, and I now believe that their boat has an edge, from yesterday. Just hope they don't have anything else large, or we do. They are now faster through the tacks than ETNZ, and have higher VMG's to weather.

I hope ETNZ still have something in the box of tricks! :think:

Has anyone seen this movie before, I,m pretty sure it ends with the good guys winning overall after the bad guys come back for a bit and everyone gets worried. Same story line as the Karate Kid who gets whacked around by the big cheating bullies but wins in the end and the cheats go home crying. Exciting stuff . 30 knots upwind!!! Close to 50 downwind !!! Multihulls rule!!! :D Shame about race 2 yesterday but we just need 2 more now..

Okay, so I did some simple analysis. First 7 races ETNZ had an average 0.9 knots minimum tacking speed advantage over OTUSA. Last three races that has reversed OTUSA now average 1.4 knots minimum tacking speed advantage over ETNZ.

That was very concerning as well as Oracles ability to sail slower and higher or lower and faster and have the vmg in both modes. Heres hoping Wednesdays racing is in less than 15 KTs and preferably 10-12.

Archived