For FARKS sake!!!!!!!!!!!

They can win. The boats are similar, with Oracle having a slight edge downwind. The main issue today was tactical. Did not win the starts. One really bad decision downhill to mark 4 in both races. In the fist race gybing away and out of the pressure 1/2 way down. In the second race, again gybing away, this time to sail AWAY from the mark, and actually sailing a u shaped course...

I really cannot understand either of those two moves... ETNZ did not deserve to win today. Unfortunately. Well done Oracle

Oh calm down you lot.

Bugger me, you wanted multis so to ensure you of shallow race requirements got the maximum rubbing yourself time I spoke to both teams early last week and have jacked up a 9-6 scoreline. So still 2 races to go.

As you were.

I couldn't get on to the tvnz live stream this morning so followed the Sailing Anarchy links to YouTube, I must say it was a way better than the former and better picture quality as well

shame about the positioning and results

this is race over and I am struggling to think of what ETNZ can do to win this thing anymore. the races are slowly running out.

All ETNZ need to do to win a race is cross the finish line first.

We've done it 8 times before.

Chin up, face forward, another day in the office. lets see some fighting talk instead of spitting the dummy, you can't win if you give up, fortitude in the face of adversity, dig deep to your inner strength - we can do this, all we have to do is cross the finish line first :!:

your 100% right...as the warriors fan say "its just a matter of faith" and with two port entries for ETNZ surely Tuesday will be the lucky day.

there is nothing better than killing a big comeback...today was always going to be hard because of the start advantage, tomorrow we have the advantage twice plus the odds are mounting for the luck factor to favour is

Ainslie is a pretty smart sailor. I wonder if he is also grinding. Even if the boats are fast a lot of sailing is thinking, and maybe more quickly than usual. I wonder if that is an issue. NZ missed the other day that OR had gybed to stb when they got penalised, on their own admission. Ok it happens but there is not much leeway for mistakes.

My take is - they had the start advantage today and that seems to be an immediate 100m if you hit mark one first. They aren't bunnies and used that to stretch out a lead. But even then we kept coming back at them, just couldn't get past. I think if we get in front, which is more likely with the port advantage, it will be all over.

Ainslie is a pretty smart sailor. I wonder if he is also grinding. Even if the boats are fast a lot of sailing is thinking, and maybe more quickly than usual. I wonder if that is an issue. NZ missed the other day that OR had gybed to stb when they got penalised, on their own admission. Ok it happens but there is not much leeway for mistakes.

Totally agree. Tactician needs to have head out of the boat at all times. I don't see Ainslie grinding ....

Last 3 races have had some pretty average calls, port vs starboard and gybing away from OR after a massive gain .....

Sailed into a couple of holes today. But we had a good go at them anyway.

Reckon if we trail at 1, don't go for a big split, just try to keep within striking range for the upwind, particularly if it's patchy like today. Leave the gambling for the second downwind.

Not much in it for speed though OR got into a fast foiling groove once or twice which is worrisome. Some bad bounces last few days, time for a good one tomorrow. Get in there lads.

Does anyone know if it really is 2x port entries tomorrow?

Or is it back to the normal port then starboard since Oracle only had 2 port entries today because the 2nd race on Saturday was not sailed?

Is there a way that ETNZ can use their postponement card at all to ensure they get the port entry on the last race (if it comes down to the last race, hope not for all our nerve's and heart's sakes!)

As far as I am aware we have port entry both races tomorrow.

Forecast is for light winds again. I would say if we cant win a race tomorrow then it will be very hard for us to win this cup.

Tomorrow is the best chance we have got. Does anyone know if we can trade a postponement card for a race win? :o

with race times today of 34minutes and 28minutes and light winds forecast for tomorrow are we going to get a yacht race, or a clock race

well well you hit the nail on the head with that one ............ thanks :shock: this gives me another thing to worry about :lol:

Archived