Single handed sailing

I'm being told over 20 signed and sealed entries so far.

If you want a personalised goodies pack you have to enter the series and get the paperwork in by 6pm this evening.

I'm being told over 20 signed and sealed entries so far.

If you want a personalised goodies pack you have to enter the series and get the paperwork in by 6pm this evening.

AND... have you checked the weather?

We are making it really nice for everyone this weekend. Sunshine, light winds! Rum reaching conditions!

Easing all of the newbies in to it!

Really looking forward to it!

Is the "B Buoy" refered to in the course instructions the same as the one referred to as "N03" on electronic charts, ie the 2nd Green coming into port.

Not having read the course I am assuming they are referring to is the off off Whangaparoa as shown on this thingy https://at.govt.nz/media/1157005/harbourracingbuoyschartandpositions.pdf

No hold the boat, I just read the course. I'm of the thought that 'B Buoy' is a typo and they mean Rough Rock looking at the position.

B Buoy off GHM could be the finish line Outter distance mark.

I'll see if I can find an official call for you.

As a FYI the start boat will be a 5mts MAC fizz boat, the finish boat is the Watchman,a 35ft odd white oldish school looking launch. It will be flying a blue flag.

I think that B buoy went away years ago or was renamed something else.

Looking at the chart crops on the Solo IQ website it looks like it's, or whatever is intended, is a few 100mts east of North head.

I have asked some powers that be for clarification. I'll be back here as soon as any news comes to hand.

No we;re, not scrapping the mark. Is the a reason why a fleet can't pass No 1 buoy to startboard? If we take that mark out it is just a lazy reach up the coast and you're not getting off that easily.

No we;re, not scrapping the mark. Is the a reason why a fleet can't pass No 1 buoy to startboard? If we take that mark out it is just a lazy reach up the coast and you're not getting off that easily.

More like a run and gybe/reach/ bit on the nose/cracked sheets ☺

What if the powers to be decide on course 2 and all of our quizzing is in vain...

As Elly pointed out, fines are big and I don't think that solo series need bad publicity...

Sure does make for an interesting course zig zagging through the chanel though!

Can't wait for the weekend!!! 3 more sleeps to go!