Anybody want a GBE?

After much indecision, and a desire not to do so, I've decided to put Euphoria on the market.

Simply, a lack of spare time, coupled with living too far away has meant that she doesn't get the use and love she deserves. Ants did a great job on the hulls before I bought her, and I hate to see her looking neglected on the mooring.

I'm planning to downsize slightly so that I can trail the boat home for the stormy season, where I can keep an eye on things, instead of laying in bed worrying every time there's a roaring southerly.

Sailing wise, she's pretty much sorted. Accommodation wise, there's still a long way to go.

Comes with 2013 Merc 8hp. Foam and Carbon Foils. Ali mast and boom. Original dacron main, 2 headsails, and fractional gennaker.  

Will get a waterblast and new a/f when sold.

I'll get up there this week and get a few pics, then she'll be on Trademe. Asking $10,500.

Currently moored at Little Shoal Bay, where she can stay for a while, but the mooring is not included.

Matt, I've posted a "readers digest version" in the Classifieds, will pay in accordance.

always that tension between

hey, i'm happy i sold it quick!

+

damn did i sell it too cheap?

but much better to have it all done + dusted than starting at 20k, dropping to 15k at the end of summer

then next year 10k when everyone's sure it must be a dog

and it's starting to look it

yeah, now I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a smaller trailable multi.

There's a strike 18 on TM (not right now 'cos the owner is on holiday) which looks pretty tidy, and according to the designer they are pretty darn quick.

A large part of the decision was made by my wife, she doesn't like the cat arrangement, preferring to have a central hull.

I reckon VB could make some form of foldaway soft cabin, a bit like fizznasties have to give a nice warm hudddle-space for when the weather turns yuck. It has a high boom so could even be left up while sailing if done right, I reckon.

That, and being able to take it home "For the winter", which means I can get things done without booking a whole day away from home.

All is not lost, new year, new idea, no clue, happy that way! :)

Oh and I spoke to the guy selling the strike tri, he sat on 20 knots downhill between rangaunu and houhora on Tuesday afternoon in about 25 knots and reckons it handled like a dream. He's off camping in it for a few more days

Frantic and the Nacra are sold. I considered the Corsair, they offered it to me for $30k. I didn't go see it though. Ex resort boat so probably a bit tired in places although it sounds like the gear/sails are ok

Says no issues, beautiful boat but last week it said needs some TLC, go figure, or go and have a look :-)

speaking of GBEs

Glenn soloing gopher broke, on wild + gusty saturday

gallery_1988_24_49888.jpg

Gary helming capricorn, a few seconds later

gallery_1988_24_371726.jpg

Greg + Graeme on Mysterex, a couple hours earlier

gallery_1988_51_69626.jpg

Graham and his modified tremolino, a couple of weeks before

gallery_1988_24_130102.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks like a great day out

And it was.... 20 gusting 30, sun out, beer cold, lots of boat bullshit being talked......and the rudder didn't break :-)

Here people are showeling snow from roofs...

/Martin

Martin, you should get yourself a winter (yours) job down here.