Andersen Bailer or similar venturi wanted

Lost our outboard well plug coming home from the windy SSANZ 100 and have had to make a new one.

Need a method of draining residual water trapped after fitting it and my tame Serbian 930 owner friend informs me a venturi style bailer is the go.

Does anyone have such a thing taking up space at home?

Originally I wanted to do just that- drill a hole in a low angle a d epoxy in a pvc tube slash cut underneath to let the rushing water vacuum the excess out.

I mean the plugs only in there when you're sailing and by rights that should mean you're moving forward?

But Ive been told that doesn't work on a 930.

What kind of 1 way valve can you get for a tube - buy a warehouse snorkel and cut it down?

and so this poped up on my trade me this morning

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/parts-accessories/blocks-shackles-deck-hardware/listing-2281167758.htm?rsqid=rahp1-bd88356a61c6495f9de7dee37d946a16

back in nolex 25 days we had a just a hole,  and once the water had drained out we would put a stopped in it flush with the bottom

and so this poped up on my trade me this morning

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/parts-accessories/blocks-shackles-deck-hardware/listing-2281167758.htm?rsqid=rahp1-bd88356a61c6495f9de7dee37d946a16

back in nolex 25 days we had a just a hole,  and once the water had drained out we would put a stopped in it flush with the bottom

For $90 I would expect a gasket and bolts.... Tell him he's dreaming!

• 4 weeks later...