Jump to content

Multiple accounts


Recommended Posts

Firstly,  I've put this in marine talk so everyone can see it.

As most of you know, multiple accounts are not permitted, except in specific circumstances, like a work and personal account. 

This is due to the issues with sock puppet accounts and trolling in the past.

The way we can identify dual accounts is not completely bulletproof. Mostly,  it's by ip addresses, and now, in this version, also by device mac address.

So, I currently have the situation where two accounts are used from the same device, and the initial member assures me that it's two separate users.

The issue I have, is that other than the nature of the posts, I have no way to verify this. I've had these assurances before, and they have been proven false.

I've been thinking about this for a while. My preference is not to allow this. Most people have their own devices, right? What do you all think? Is it fair to say one account per device?

Link to post
Share on other sites

With some people they have one data account with the network and hub another phone of the phone with data  account.

In my case we have one two degrees account and one phone for me and one for my partner who hubs via my phone and data account.

Thus two accounts on one phone.

So maybe it should be one account per person per email identity... And watch for trolling?

 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 44forty said:

 It’s a big problem on sailing anarchy and ahhh it’s mostly Australians 😂 sorry rushman 

 

You must pay more attention than I do.. I only look at the pictures

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Black Panther said:

My (latina) wife laughed out loud at that.

I'm tellin' ya I've got a million of them !  or para tu esposa . . 

Te digo que tnego un millon de ellas !

With apologies to James Durante - long ago humor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2020 at 5:49 PM, Sailing NZ said:

With some people they have one data account with the network and hub another phone of the phone with data  account.

In my case we have one two degrees account and one phone for me and one for my partner who hubs via my phone and data account.

Thus two accounts on one phone.

So maybe it should be one account per person per email identity... And watch for trolling?

 

Get her own account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2020 at 5:49 PM, Sailing NZ said:

With some people they have one data account with the network and hub another phone of the phone with data  account.

In my case we have one two degrees account and one phone for me and one for my partner who hubs via my phone and data account.

Thus two accounts on one phone.

So maybe it should be one account per person per email identity... And watch for trolling?

 

What's to prevent u if u get a ban and u use your partners pH and display name and continue posting whilst banned. Nothing. 

Matt that should not be allowed and prevented. They are partners and responsible to each other. If one is banned then both are banned. That should act as a more responsible attitude in posting in such situations as each could discipline each other's posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rehabilitated said:

What's to prevent u if u get a ban and u use your partners pH and display name and continue posting whilst banned. Nothing. 

Matt that should not be allowed and prevented. They are partners and responsible to each other. If one is banned then both are banned. That should act as a more responsible attitude in posting in such situations as each could discipline each other's posts.

What are you not smoking rehab.

I think someone with half a brain would pick up the obvious nuances of one person's posts no matter how many account s.

I'm just pointing out a flaw and how people use data via devices. 

I'm happy with the rule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2020 at 10:55 AM, Island Time said:

 

The way we can identify dual accounts is not completely bulletproof. Mostly,  it's by ip addresses, and now, in this version, also by device mac address.

 

I've been thinking about this for a while. My preference is not to allow this. Most people have their own devices, right? What do you all think? Is it fair to say one account per device?

"by ip addresses, and now, in this version, also by device mac address." One account per ip address and device Mac address. Todate have they been giving each other reputation points? If so they all should be removed and reputation points for each made null and void in the future also.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...