collisions on the harbour while racing

That you feel the need to use a judgement call (ie the Downs syndrome person pictured is retarded) about someone in a sector of society who still struggles for general social acceptance is sad. Poking fun at poms, aussies, short people etc is a different ball game which I myself also enjoy.

Get over it. It was funny.

That you feel the need to use a judgement call (ie the Downs syndrome person pictured is retarded) about someone in a sector of society who still struggles for general social acceptance is sad. Poking fun at poms, aussies, short people etc is a different ball game which I myself also enjoy.

I'm staggered that you actually think that in posting that I exercised any judgement what so ever?

You seem to have missed the point in that it doesn't judge the person in the picture, it judges the morons who have been debating the collision for 8 pages now when it was pretty clear after 2 pages where it was heading.

And it was a joke? Here's another one to take offence at:

And by the way, 88.4% of my friends agree with your 1st post that the dude in the photo appears far smarter and more street wise than me!

ThreadDirection.jpg

Geez missed all the excitement, this thread just goes on and on....

Batgirl, as the obvious winner of this tread discusion (morally even if the legals are in question) this was aimed at me and I havent taken offence.

As most dont do PC here, just call a spade a spade, I think you should leave these important things to the men folk, stay in the kitchen and show us your tits.

:silent:

[quote name="Bad Kitty) You seem to have missed the point in that it doesn't judge the person in the picture' date=' it judges the morons who have been debating the collision for 8 pages now when it was pretty clear after 2 pages where it was heading.

quote]

And to make it crystal clear, I consider myself one of the leading morons in the thread, in case anyone that was about to get all hurt & defensive.

Right. We'll take the niggers and the chinks......

....... but NOT the Irish

You just wouldn't get away with that these daze

One of the lads here often speaks before engaging his brain so things come out wrong. He often gets called racist but his reply is great.

I'm no racist. I'm father to a spick son as I got drunk and rooted his spick mother. I'm now shagging a gook and her darkie mate, sometimes at the same time. Due to my sick f**k haggis munching grandfather I also have a nigger Auntie and a few Raghead cuzzies. You can't call me a racist.

Harsh but funny, he does say it so well and with a straight face. He's our pet Pommy winger :)

lets back up a page

Squid

the first error wasnt made by the powerboat, the first error was made by those (plural) who barged that evening, and then had to find an escape route. tthe act of barging quickly exposed another error previously hidden , the patrol boats less than ideal positioning.

as far as i know it didnt happen in the 10 or so divisions that followed because

a they didnt barge to the same extent if at all and

b the patrol boat was gone fro its less than ideal position

put simply if the multi fleet had started down the line just a couple or three boat lengths , no incident would have occurred, or to put it another way

if 3 or 4 boats hadnt tried to get the glamour start by barging in from above pin lay again no incident

you can always try to get a clamour start but if you barge you will get caught out

But colregs don't use words like starting, barging, line, pin. So none of that applies. A powerboat faced with a crossing situation with a sailboat, where the sailboat is the stand on vessel, is obliged to keep clear. That was the first error by the powerboat.

The sailboat, recognising a collision was imminent should have taken avoiding action, and should have had the situational awareness to do so early enough - second error, committed by the sailboat.

Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Here's a fun hypothetical situation.

Fusion is sailing down the harbour in his steel ketch, sees a start getting under way so alters course to pass outside the pin coz he's a nice guy. But wait there's a powerboat in the way - does he maintain course and speed as required by colregs and crush the powerboat (steel vs fibreglass), hit the seawall, or bear away and take out a few flimsy multihulls who have roared up behind and to leeward of him for their start.

Well I would suggest that the boat barging was probably pointing at the line and then poked it up at the last second giving the stationary rib no chance to get out of the way.so no double bad to barging boat completely clean for rib albeit should park a (multi) boat width further away next time.

Must have or he would have been aiming outside the line which is frankly not believable. He barged no gap he bailed late and hit a rib that had no chance to get out of the way.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Archived