Team Wheels Thrid leg.

wheels

OK Folks, be prepared for a surprise storm this weekend. Yeah I know there is nothing on the weather map.....yet......but Team Wheels is off to Gisborne today to take the boat North tomorrow. So there must be some weather event brewing out there somewhere waiting for us. :wink

So far it is a nice wee Southerly and dieing away to a fairly lame trip, but that's OK. Something lame will be nice for a change and remind "Dawn" :wink: that it can also be really nice out there too.

Good luck there Wheels.

Looks like a decent weather window this time, i'm sure there will still be a few surprises, there always is but they will all be forgotten by the time you get near the Mercs, don't forget to take plenty of diesel.

OK Folks, be prepared for a surprise storm this weekend. Yeah I know there is nothing on the weather map.....yet......but Team Wheels is off to Gisborne today to take the boat North tomorrow. So there must be some weather event brewing out there somewhere waiting for us. :wink

So far it is a nice wee Southerly and dieing away to a fairly lame trip, but that's OK. Something lame will be nice for a change and remind "Dawn" :wink: that it can also be really nice out there too.

Well I hope third time's the charm for you Wheels. You deserve some nice weather. Also, my husband is bring our lanuch back from Keneperu Sound to Wellington and he could do with some nice weather too!

Once around that bloody East Cape you can haul up in Hicks Bay to dry out! I hope its a steady broad reach for ya Wheels but having done the same run myself I know once you get around East Island things get very unpleasant!

We are now 1hr from Tologa Bay. Very light wind from behind that is usless to try and use. We have a 2m swell that is now more stern on whiuch is better than before when it was side on. Weather report said 4m and the odd 4m does roll through. But big lazy rolling things. Must be a good'in out to sea somewhere.

I was hoping to be away early so we could round the cape in daylight. Not happenign now. But the good thing is that we might be able to time it for slack water. Just depends on the trip ahead with tide and whgat ahve you as to when we actually arrive at the cape. We will have to moon for a while tonight, not much of it and not for long, but it does still help. mWith the stunnign blue sky, I am rerally looking forward to the Stars tonight.

Thanks heaps for the support. To you folks that don't know me, yeah I know this is probably all rather "what's the big hooohaar with a simple trip like this", but for me, it is a personal battle to deal with this kind of thing. And I tell ya, when Dawn and I arrive in Auckland, it is going to be something very special for us, more than just sailing a boat up. And all I can say is, If I can do it and you have a dream to do it also, then you certainly can. You just have to push through the barriers whatever they maybe. Each has their own in someway.

Archived