Fogg

KM - Amateur mistake that reads like a met service forecast..! :lol:

The perfect weekend forecast. ! :thumbup: :thumbup:

What's better?

Preparing for 35-40 and then getting 70

or

Preparing for 70 and then getting 35-40

Sea Scout training kicking in here :lol:

That's 70 is supposedly Friday nite knot Saturday race day. The race isn't a worry, me boats on moorings are a tad though. If one gets loose there are very few others out on the moorings it just won't roll completely over the top of. 60ft of steel will cause a lot of carnage if it heads off the wrong way.

Auckland Airport has a current TEMPO (temporary weather change of some significance) saying 50kts between 1800 and 2200. QNH down to 994 hPa. She's still dropping, was 999 at 1600.

Bean and Tamaki - low to mid 40's

Tiri - late 40's

Manukau Heads - late 50's ... Ouch!

That's pretty cool willow. What, where from and etc??

So far you'd say that metservice has been close to the money. Not too bad during the day, but in the NW, so pretty sheltered in the harbour. It's cranked around to the west now and built up considerably. Pretty brisk here in the 'chev right now.

It blew pretty fresh last night, a lot of damage out here in the west. But the worst was observed by Bonnie (my dog) and me on our morning perigrination. The builder's porta potty on the job down the road, blew over with disastrous results.

One shredded roller furler off Birkenhead. We have lost the reflector lid off the outdoor heater. Time for some s/s bolts.

Is that the newly launched Eagle 55 on the mooring off Bayswater?

We are on the end of a peninsula on the Manukau. The harbour looks like maybe 30 knots but in our little bay the gusts were strong enough this morning to create quite a bit of spray - and low tide so the water was completely flat.

Some of the gusts whistling over our roof are probably 40 so I'd believe that it's 70 at the Heads.

the worst was observed by Bonnie (my dog) and me on our morning perigrination. The builder's porta potty on the job down the road, blew over with disastrous results.

a) Top marks for extending the collective crew.org vocabulary with the use of perigrination, reaching for the dictionary now

B) Some things are just too hideous to be cleaned up and should be either buried or burned on the spot and never mentioned again.

Archived