Vickers

ballystick

In fairness Murky I have never used them, only stood in them when Butcher was in AKL for sale. All I know is I dont have them cuase Trubs had the foresight to heeeeeeeell no, which means a sh*tload more space of cruising for me!

Glad someone likes that PHRF Gazza!

Yea we're thought we'd better try something to eat into M'ville but the boat gets what the lads call the 'roll of death', if we try that shite in choppy seas... happened in real slow motion too.. but wasnt to pleased to see you slip on by. Still wasnt as bad as Pretty Womans rag selection for the last downhill bit..

I can honestly say that we've never put the wash boards in, ever!

Guest mental outlook

Bit different when it is on the other foot aye Glitter! :lol:

You are the last person who should be moaning about PHRF's.

Re Pretty Womans Kite selection - Purty had a little on that afternoon unbeknown to his crew and probably him. Picture him at his sons birth in full wet weather gear - but he did make it - just.

All well and congratulations.

You next Tom?

Markm .830 is an OUTRAGE and outrage I say, that boat should be at least .865

Absolutely correct PC, couldn't agree more.

Seeing your post, I of course immediately embarked on an exhaustive all-encompassing research project comprising many seconds of intensive research interspersed with many more visits to the fridge for emergency sustenance and determined that the relevant information was there for all to see in the 1999 Coastal Classic, 0.865 is what it should be, no doubt about it. As always, your thoughtful guidance, wise council and incisive research is appreciated.

At the risk though of placing an undue burden on the aforementioned vast reservoirs of wisdom, perhaps you could further assist with another boat finishing about 109 minutes in front of the vickers 10.5, a most odd design, an Elliott (possibly the poet Elliott?) 10.5,? It would seem these quite remarkable boats should have a handicap of 0.972 but I thought this may perhaps be a little low?

You'll need to talk to Truby about that my main man Mark... thats when she was a racer, stripped out with an out board and most importantly NO FRIDGE....but surely you knew that and were just trying it on a little. I am not at all suprised by that though, Truby being a man of impressive knowledge and skill.

I'm pretty happy with the way the Couch is going at the mo, we're competitive with the 1050s and whilst my PHRF hasnt gone up to match the improvements to the boat until recently, Ive no problems with it going up for inshore and offshore. The mods we did were to keep inline with the 1050s... keel, prod, sail sizes are all the same as them... keep the racing nice and close... and boy is it close.

The big T

Re Pretty Womans Kite selection - Purty had a little on that afternoon unbeknown to his crew and probably him. Picture him at his sons birth in full wet weather gear - but he did make it - just.

All well and congratulations.

You next Tom?

I lost my sleep in ability about 4 months ago The Big T, you wanna come do some babysitting?

Archived