Vickers

ballystick

I see Simon is trading out of the Back Chat quickly.

Andy / Andy. Backchat was Nedax Backchat in Wellington before it came to Auckland. Simon Kidd from Doyles traded it on Omega/Time to Burn.

Valium and Physical Favours have just rounded out the RNI fleet to 35 just after we have increased the fleet size to that.

Now everyone else is going to have to go on the waiting list and hope for a drop out.

I did you a favour Smithy.

There hadn't been much, well any, maintanence done is ages.

Lots of work needed to get here ship shape. Still haven't done a sea trial! Hopefully have her back in the water later next week and then finalise the purchase.

Go buy Spearhead, allot less headache.

Rum race on her and dock party the Firday after the next SIMRAD if you want to come for a sail.

I did you a favour Smithy.

There hadn't been much, well any, maintanence done is ages.

Lots of work needed to get here ship shape. Still haven't done a sea trial! Hopefully have her back in the water later next week and then finalise the purchase.

Go buy Spearhead, allot less headache.

Rum race on her and dock party the Firday after the next SIMRAD if you want to come for a sail.

Yeah I did see a lot of leaks, the dodgy floor, and rough engine compartment. The rudder was also rather stiff, I think he mentioned rudder bearings? Still, a great boat for the money and has a lot of cruising stuff spearhead doesn't like ST winches, furler, hot water etc etc.

Thanks for the sail offer, but I am back in Saudi and will be here until early Sept. Otherwise I would be there in a shot!

I'll be very interested to hear what the survey turned up, if anything, and any majors.. Just good experience for me. PM me if you don't want it public! All the best with her. Bloody nice boat..

The survey didn't show anything sinnister. In fact the inspector had a bit of a boner on over the build quality. She is a very well built craft.

I just expected a quick waterblast, survey, booze cruise and pay the moolah. Unfortunaltly, there is just losts of little things to repair due to neglect from the current owners. We have differing opinions on the acceptance of some things on the report. I don't think she had moved very far in the last year of two. I guess I am a little dark over the fact I'm selling a boat that is turn key, all sorted out, no money to be spent in the next few years, and buying something that needs fixing up. Anyhow, looking forward to sumer on her.

If you want to come have a look at her, she is out at orams. I will be there for the remainder of the day.

I'd love to have a look, but it's a bit of a trip from Saudi!! I hear you on maintenance issues. Most of the boats I have looked at have been the same.. You will certainly have a few leaks to chase. Not just the mast either.. Yeah, nicely built. I liked it a lot. Enjoy! And good luck in the RNI.

Sigh... well there goes any chance we ever had any chance at our own coastal division...

Not sure why on earth you would do that to a 10.5.. unless he cant get 13 crew for the rail week in and week out.

Smithy in fairnes the 10.5 converts into one mean as cruiser, My ole girl didnt get the nickname 'The Big Red Couch' for nothing!

Yeah Valium ticked all the boxes..

-Big rig, but appropriate keel and rudder. Looks to have real potential, without being a tip truck hopefully!!

-Strong construction.

-Rig in good condition, no refurbishment required.

-Plenty downwind options with prod and plenty of sails and nice carbon kite pole.

-Nice interior, faired and painted coachroof, not some dodgy lining.

-Good quality grunty engine.

-Engine driven fridge freezer with good space.

-Cruising stuff all there like windlass and furler. Swept spreaders, no runners.. I have a non sailing partner to keep happy!! :)

-Good sized berths.

-Clean cockpit with rear traveller.

-Quality kit on board eg Harken ST winches all round.

-Plenty locker space.

-Price was right.

It still needed some interior work and seemed to have a lot of rainwater leaks, but that is easy stuff. I didn't like the keel mounted diesel tank.. Asking for a smelly boat I reckon.. Pretty good all in all..

There is nothing else in the market like this at this price currently.... The 1050s are generally a lot more expensive without some of the kit that came with Valium. Closest is probably Spearhead..

The other 10.5 has the dumbass wellsides things running down the deck. If you took those out it would convert into a pretty mint racer/cruiser. Bit of boat building there but yep thats pretty good price, would love to see it back here racing in B

The other 10.5 has the dumbass wellsides things running down the deck. If you took those out it would convert into a pretty mint racer/cruiser. Bit of boat building there but yep thats pretty good price, would love to see it back here racing in B

Like the Butcher, PC - you don't like 'em? I found them interesting to work with from a crew member's perspective, although they do force the primaries up on to the cabin top which isn't always ideal.

Hard to get a good idea from this shot - everyone seems to be laxing out, no kite sheets run either by the look of things.

1_3.jpg

The Cabins just a weeny bit bigger on Valium than on my Vickers :clap:

Haha. No sh*t HnF??

I am still waiting for Gary to sell her to me because all the maintenance/repair work is getting too much for him. :D :D

I still reckon that is a great boat, and set the new standard in that price range.. Apart from the Elliot 1050s, the only other one I have seen to that standard was Carpe Diem. Also bloody nice. Missed out on her as well, and she was an even sharper price than Valium.

Archived