Vendee Globe 2016

Did Thompson replace the bung foil yet? I realise the wind gods have not smiled on him in the last week, but seems that 1st is just squeaking away little by little. Pretty amazing performance by all.

Delightful to see the joy on the face of these guys in WebTV broadcast on Xmas day. 

It was in one of his updates the last couple of days that he's successfully retracted the broken one so that he doesn't have a stump poking out. The way the update went it seemed like he thought that was as good as he's going to get and there will be no replacement. However the expectation is that the remaining part of the race will be more starboard tack than port meaning he can use his remaining foil.

It is staggering but seems a bit of a lottery.

It would be fascinating to know how much input the weather routers have - you'd have to believe its a lot 

Not tryin to take anything away from Thompson (as if I could!) but Le Cleac'h seemed to sail into the wall. Hugos turn now.

My understanding is that they're not allowed to receive routing advice as that's considered outside assistance and the whole idea of the VG is around the world unassisted. So they access forecast data and route themselves...

It looks like  BP8 had nowhere to go and HB carried the breeze to the east of him a bit longer but now may be sailing into a even bigger light patch than BP8. But who knows, go HB! When does it update again!!