Fiji Race 2010

Quarter Pint

Thanks..I just realised that the trackers go off every 5 mins this year...so the tracking should be pretty accurate: - providing the batteries dont go flat/the units arent switched off/are reset daily as per instructions!

It was pointed out to them 'one flash - we know you are there - but we will only know how you are going if you have two flashes!!'

..hopefully they all remember this.....

Great photos thanks Bullrush.

The tracker shows that two boats have split off from the fleet.

Most are going north past the Hen and Chicks, but LionNZ and OSinnerman have gone northeast passing close to Great Barrier.

Skiddy Too is either way behind or his tracker has stopped.

Bullrush was the plug for Peacemaker - she is an Elliot 12m, designed in 1989, but was launched as 'Divine Madness' in 1992. Shortly after launching the boat was sold at mortagee auction and purchased by the late John Bull (RIP)...and renamed Bullrush. Bullrush was purchased five years ago, after owning General Jackson (a farr 38) for 5 years. She was quite run down and was in need of a birthday..which she got in the form of a new interior and a repaint....this is our forth offshore trip with her and hopefully there will be many more.

Bullrush was the plug for Peacemaker - she is an Elliot 12m, designed in 1989, but was launched as 'Divine Madness' in 1992. Shortly after launching the boat was sold at mortagee auction and purchased by the late John Bull (RIP)...and renamed Bullrush. Bullrush was purchased five years ago, after owning General Jackson (a farr 38) for 5 years. She was quite run down and was in need of a birthday..which she got in the form of a new interior and a repaint....this is our forth offshore trip with her and hopefully there will be many more.

raced on her a bit in 91 when she was Divine Madness :)

Dear All,

Fleet made a great start as you all know. Bit delayed myself getting images up however,

a few to whet your whistle here.

Enjoypost-650-14188716003.jpgpost-650-141887160033.jpg

post-650-141887160037.jpg

They are in NE, swinging to NW, then W 20 - 30 knots..I havent checked the weather myself today, but that is what Fred saw on Predict Wind. Bob McD emailed me a similar forecast.

Skiddy Too, we assume has battery power problems (again) and cant power his SSB or tracker unit..so no report heard....

Big boats heading W, anticipating the change to W...

A good race on between the BBYC boats Bullrush and Pretty Boy Floyd...who will owe who the rum....and how long can they hold out the General...?

Farrago Crew been living it up at the Opua Cruising Club - tonight they were only burning Ginger Beer - they reckon they'll head off again tomorrow morning EARLY... good luck guys :)

The Floyd too this morning appeared to be heading back to AK and making only 2.3 knots - no wind - that'll teach them for following!! Was talking to Taupo Maritime, alls good, just fickle winds .....Starlight and the General sailed around the outside of them and got away...

Archived