Fiji Race 2010

Quarter Pint

It's looking like left and way right are paying off and the rhumb line sucks

but the fat ladys only warming up I think

Where are all the knockers of the split start now or is it only unfair when the little boats do ok

Guest Rocket

I tune the boats that started at a different time out. Has anyone even noticed them?

Wow - Lion is doing a buffalo girl act. But more fun to come yet - poor buggers look at some of the speeds and the directions. What a horror - the joys of ocean racing - great game isn't it!

I love it but imagine how tired they are on the wind, really light and all hungry....

Revs looks to be doing very well out on the left hand side.

I was told the Fiji Bitters are made in Australia, and are just VB with a different label...

Says something about the state of our handicapping that in one race they came 1st (IRC),3rd (ORC); 8th (line) & 6th (PHRF). I guess you could average it and say they came 4.5th.

Looks like Bird on the Wing pipped the general on irc. Well done to marsh and the crew! Enjoy the Fiji babies and Rums!!!

Enjoy the Fiji babies and Rums!!!

'Babes' would be a better choice of words I think.

"Fiji Babies" are what they call their beers..

Ha fancy that, lived there for a while and never once heard that. I saw babies and thought kiddy fiddler.

Says something about the state of our handicapping that in one race they came 1st (IRC),3rd (ORC); 8th (line) & 6th (PHRF). I guess you could average it and say they came 4.5th.

Nah Squid it perfectly describes what we have

The problem is with perception

1 Line, Simple just have the biggest boat and your the winner

2 IRC, International Rating system run and adapted by the poms and frogs to suit their old shitters and new mass produced caravans which encourages conservative sail plans,

Its a one number system that assigns a rating according to ave weather somewhere

3 ORC, As above but multiple number system that the RO assigns weather conditions to, so probably more reflective of performance for each event

4 PHRF, Home grown adoption of US system, Ranks the boats according to previous performance is meant to take into account boat changes but as you can see all it does is take a high stab in the dark for new boats or like Skiddy you can increase your rig and fit a canting keel then apply for a handicap, they look at your previous results and put your handicap down disregarding the fact you have informed them of the changes.

They all do different things so expecting the same results is insanity

Nah Squid it perfectly describes what we have

The problem is with perception

1 Line, Simple just have the biggest boat and your the winner

2 IRC, International Rating system run and adapted by the poms and frogs to suit their old shitters and new mass produced caravans which encourages conservative sail plans,

Its a one number system that assigns a rating according to ave weather somewhere

3 ORC, As above but multiple number system that the RO assigns weather conditions to, so probably more reflective of performance for each event

4 PHRF, Home grown adoption of US system, Ranks the boats according to previous performance is meant to take into account boat changes but as you can see all it does is take a high stab in the dark for new boats or like Skiddy you can increase your rig and fit a canting keel then apply for a handicap, they look at your previous results and put your handicap down disregarding the fact you have informed them of the changes.

They all do different things so expecting the same results is insanity

Archived