Fiji Race 2010

Quarter Pint

I am often left unsure just how much of a 'Potty mind' you have :wink: :lol: :lol:

Lucky I wasn't talking about Blondie, Sister Moonshine or Babe then don't ya think. Oh what about Legless, that would have had you buggered :lol: :lol:

They seem to have developed a case of the wobbles over night

and dropped a bucket of speed

nows when it really gets tough

Yup the race to Denerau is on... who's going to win Mr. Revs or Mrs. Revs (leaving on Sunday)..... your bets being taken now :silent:

Skiddy is having a good day. Good on him.

East looks best based on current boat speeds and weather but who really knows....

Anyone know the more recent skeds? Yesterday morning on the rayc site. Should have been two more by then. Farrago's tracker not updated since 9pm last night. Wonder where they are heading with the light winds ahead. Must be tricky out there for the main fleet judging by the courses they have been sailing.

Guest Rocket

Really interesting stage - I guess O Canada is only transmitting intermittently (tactically) as they seem to be holding higher courses. I would still want to be east - Bare Essentialls has alot of leverage on the fleet.

not sure I would be want to be that far East? Weather looks all northerlies with a tad more pressue in the left which appears to be why RT has taken a lot out of Wired this morning? Could change/will change.

I bet a few of the boys are scratching around bilges looking for old candy bars....

Guest Rocket

Agree on the pressure left (at least on the weather chart) - but it should go east later which could leave Bare Essentials pointing straight at Dodge and the rest still beating. Big call to go there but he has a chance.... whereas previously he was struggling. Looking at speeds they seem generally low (below hull speed) right across the fleet so really tough - big separation!

Hi all,

just to let you know I am having major internet issues here at the Sheraton Denearu and cannot update the RAYC website...it is currently being worked on...

Not much has changed during the night, a bit more wind is there, Revs reports they doing 8.2knots this morning. A number of tracking units are also switched off. O Canada due to finish in the next few hours...

Will put update on RAYC when I'm able.....

Janine

RAYC

Thank you Mr Squid!

O Canada have just finished: 09 41 03

Still having computer issues, relating the the RAYC site only/internet/sheraton...trying to get it sorted....

Customs are now heading out to clear O Canada, however due to their very deep draught they have to wait outside until the high tide at 6.00pm It is likely the boys will be brought into shore via another boat, until then...

Janine

RAYC aka Bullrush

how more exciting than this can it get????

Projected Race Results Line Honours:

Pretty Boy Floyd Sun 30 May 04:20:20 182:20:20

Revs Sun 30 May 04:27:54 182:27:54

SEVEN MINUTES... can't wait to see the REAL result :)

Guest Rocket

Doesn't look that close on teh water - methinks the projection isn't handling a beat too well. Bare Essentials has done good things out East!

Not sure about that Rocket, suddenly everyones trackers are off :wink: All very tactical now!

Anyone know why Ocanada doesn't have a h'cap not even a PHRF? Presume they are just using the race for trial purposes but does surprise me?

Archived