Beautiful interior photos?

Anyone have a good collection of some nice interior photos of small sailboats? Obviously the expensive ones will always look awesome, but I'm more interested in smaller boats. Anyone wanna show off their keelers?

Nice yacht Booboo and in mint condition!

And the inside of a mint Elliott 7.4 as comparison....not as nice as BooBoo's woodywork and a

meter less to play with.

post-903-141887173124.jpg

post-903-141887173126.jpg

Nice Boo, very nice but I see maintenance in your future :)

I had the chance to give Animal Farm (R930 tweaked) a good suss over during Xmas. I tell you Murray and his very hard slave driven wife, so she reckons ;), has done a bloody wonder taking a early 80's boat and updating it into the 2000's. Apart form the obvious knot quite 2000's hull shape AF could be a brand new boat. The interior is magnificent of the 1st order. Very well laid out and finished. A few very cool trick bits in there as well.

The difference a hell make over has made, only talking interior, between AM and the rest of us is HUGE. The exterior isn't far off that either, also bloody well done.

Am I jealous? HELL YES!!!

Actually No Worries has done similar but more mostly racing orientated where AM has kept more of a racing/cruising angle in her. The pair are a good example of what can be done with a little sweat and elbow grease.

I've been pondering a full interior strip out for a wee while, which has caused the repaint delay a bit, and thought it probably would make a big difference updating the 80's thinking and goodies to the 2000's. After seeing AM it has confirmed I was right, you can make a silk purse out of a pigs knut sack.

a pigs knut sack

Really KM is that what you think of R930's? OK I know you think they're knot as good as Y88's but isn't it taking things a bit far? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Cheeky fecker. There was no intended reference to those old still stuck in the 70/80's boats you mention :twisted: :wink:

Been pondering Boo's interior and how nice timber work will always beat white on white on white paint.

Been pondering Boo's interior and how nice timber work will always beat white on white on white paint.

I have to agree. Looks warm and inviting unlike Energy which looks like the inside of a fridge.

I have to agree. Looks warm and inviting unlike Energy which looks like the inside of a fridge.

At least you have some timber work EE. It doesn't take much to change from a fridge interior to 'smart'. And in a boat your size lots of timber can close it up fast.

Relax Boo, Zen is the one to worry about maintenance. Magnificent of the 1st Order but way way to much brightwork for this dude to even consider. That's more a work of art than a boat interior :thumbup:

Good to see all 3 don't have dark heavy Mahogany insides. Gotta keep it lite and airy.

We have white on mold on white on rum stain with many battle scars and most applied by a old tired 4" brush, knot by me... so nothing to see there move along please. But when.. if, I do a interior number on her she'll be like EE's, lots of white with some nice timber trim to break it up. I do like, no love good timber but I hate maintaining it.

Interestingly this post has made me realise I hardly have any decent pics of AC's interior, it's always the exterior that gets the focus (pardon the pun). Anyway, these are the best I can find.

Being one of only 3 custom builds there is no such thing as a 'standard' interior for a AC. The key point of interest is that she has a 2nd heads where most boats of her size tend to have a chart table (to stbd opp the galley). I prefer this cos for coastal cruising I don't need a chart table, I mainly live off the plotter screen and for the odd occassion I need a paper chart I use the saloon table. The benefit of the 2nd heads is (1) it is the 'day heads' so when underway it is conveniently close to the companionway to avoid going right forward to the pointy end - handy in a seaway and (2) at night time people sleeping in the fwd berth have their own heads and people in the aft berths (normally me) have their own - so you're not pissing near someone's head in the middle of the night, a slight bit of extra privacy. The pics show only the fwd double v berth and the port quarter berth but she also has another dbl to stbd, so we are 3 x double berths (I've actually slept 7 onboard for a few days over peak summer time).

Saloonfwd.jpg

NewYearsail2113.jpg

NewYearsail2108.jpg

NewYearsail2072.jpg

Galley.jpg

Fwdberth.jpg

PortQtrBerth.jpg

Hi everyone (who posted pics), did you guys have to do anything to fix things up, or did you purchase the boats looking like these? The shots all look really nice as if the interior is pretty new. I love all these photos! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here is some photos of the interior of voom. "needs a tidy up" would be a good description.

I understand you were after nice interiors, I have added these to make the other look better.

As an aside, I don't like to much wood. Can be too dark and often feels dated. EE has a great looking interior. I like the fridge look (seriously). Feels clean, modern and light.

Copy of P1040544.JPG

Copy of P1040546.JPG

Archived