U2

Saw U2 today as I stopped in at Akarana for a nosey - as you do. U2 leapt out at me for all the wrong reasons. Bow down at her mooring, covered in sh*t & crap and urgently needing some basic tlc. A sorry sight indeed.

Saw U2 today as I stopped in at Akarana for a nosey - as you do. U2 leapt out at me for all the wrong reasons. Bow down at her mooring, covered in sh*t & crap and urgently needing some basic tlc. A sorry sight indeed.

I drive past it on my way to and from uni some days. So annoying and I agree, its a sorry sight. If he would just pay to haul it out and pay for lunch for a few people I would get some of my youth kids to help clean and scrap the crap of it. Oh well. Mabey someone else would like some help over summer to get back on the water.

The worst thing is theres loads of people who would be more then keen to take it off his hands and have a cheap entry 8.5 on their hands which they would actually use.

Like Stephen, im at uni and so in no position to spend loads of $$$ on a boat, but if for a few k i could buy into something like this id more then happy spend the money.

Hope the guy one day gets a clue, chucks it on Trade Me for a few hundred dollars and lets someone else have a go.

There's a cute looking little boat on a swing mooring on the left hand side of the Mana Esplinade as you head north on SH1 from Wellington just before you reach Mana. Its called 'KATE'. It's not a sail boat so I'm not really sure why I feel sorry for it, but have watched it quietly deteriorate over the past few years. Does anyone know anything about it? Who owns it? or even what it is? It looks sort of like a miniature tug boat. Cute wee wheel house, chimney etc....

GPS fix of the mooring is: 41*06'14.2S 174*52'08.10E

my pick is ex-fishing boat. As far as I'm aware the current owner has had her for some time, but he's no spring chicken either. It has been cast adrift on two occasions which is just stupid.

Hey, thats my old boat,

before it went to the Carribbean used to look like this...

I spoke to owners Jorgen & Heidi about this mishap, "one of the tie rods underneath failed and it all folded up like a big bear trap",

...the same thing happened to the owner in the Carribbean too.

All I managed to do was (on separate occasions) break was the back beam, snap two centreboards, one rudder, oh, and of course snap off the prod and drop the rig - almost on a trailer sailer we were overtaking during the round Waiheke race..

SV300010.jpg

2510_full.jpg

Hey, thats my old boat,

before it went to the Carribbean used to look like this...

I spoke to owners Jorgen & Heidi about this mishap, "one of the tie rods underneath failed and it all folded up like a big bear trap",

...the same thing happened to the owner in the Carribbean too.

All I managed to do was (on separate occasions) break was the back beam, snap two centreboards, one rudder, oh, and of course snap off the prod and drop the rig - almost on a trailer sailer we were overtaking during the round Waiheke race..

That the one built in Chch, I think, back in the early 80's, I think?

Someone PLEASE save this once awesome boat!

Photo from today....

He didnt act on my help to clean the boat up and fix the leak in it. The offers still there or if someone else manages to buy it then my offer will be on the table for them. Its such a shame that this boat will probably sink before something is done about it.

Its definitely time to call the Harbourmaster and get it towed away.

Its got all manner of evil greeblys stuck to the hull and is definitely in the "unseaworthy" category.

What a shame as it was a really great boat back in its day.

Thats the most bow down ive seen it in a long time... Must be full of water and probably looks worse down stairs than it does outside.

It would take a lot to get it in racing trim again realistically. Unless you do what the Hooters boys did. That was in about the same condition when they bought it. But there were some serious and i mean serious... Hours poured into that.

Someone PLEASE save this once awesome boat!

Photo from today....

That's looking pretty sad... maybe we should report it to the SPCA. They are normally pretty quick to respond when they hear that a cat has been mistreated. I'd even through in a few dollars to have it neutered and save it from getting put down.

Archived