Lewmar Delta Anchors

On 16/08/2023 at 9:50 PM, Cheap Transport said:

Also went to an excel (#3) on our 1020. With 20 odd meters of chain it's rock solid. Can now sleep at night without worrying too much...

Did you need to modify the anchor locker to make it fit?

21 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Did you need to modify the anchor locker to make it fit?

It sits out on the bow roller all summer. If we're sailing or motoring I clip the shank end on to the toe rail so there's no unnecessary weight/ pressure on winch. It doesn't fit in the standard locker, and is replaced with race anchor in winter. 

On my Farr 1020 I went for a Rocna 10kg which fits into anchor locker. It has very good holding power and is easy to handle off the bow roller to locker due the D on the top of the anchor. I increased the depth of the locker installing a Hi Tech AWO3, Marine Deals stock them, which was very easy to install and increases depth by 245mm. the anchor well now takes 60m of 16mm rope and 20m of 8mm chain, also the anchor. 

After you have added a deeper anchor locker to your 1020, you then need to get a new pulpit with a higher cross beam to fit the anchor through. You can then easily stow your thousand dollar Sarca Excel #3.  :-)

Or else simply leave it on the bow roller, like Choice Transport does! 

1 hour ago, Psyche said:

I thought they were about $500, Grant at CRA is the agent. 

Yep correct, got ours through Grant. 

3 hours ago, ex Elly said:

Choice Transport

That's a name I never want to see again - too many bad memories. I'm gonna need a stiff drink now....