Quarter Tonner Interest

Great idea.

Blackfun is being setup for IRC and is planning on also going to Europe to win the 1/4 ton cup it should have 30 years ago! so will be playing by the rules as they are now what is class racing but done on IRC handicaps

so do you have to have a old yacht that has been rated 1/4 ton and set up that way now, or could you build a new yacht to the 1/4 ton rating rule and race under IRC ?

Great idea.

Blackfun is being setup for IRC and is planning on also going to Europe to win the 1/4 ton cup it should have 30 years ago! so will be playing by the rules as they are now what is class racing but done on IRC handicaps

so do you have to have a old yacht that has been rated 1/4 ton and set up that way now, or could you build a new yacht to the 1/4 ton rating rule and race under IRC ?

SJB provided this earlier on....

Rule%201.JPG

Rule%202.JPG

I think it is only $20 for a trial cert? Cost more for a real one, whoever is the IRC measurer in Auckland will be able to tell you or you can always email the IRC office and ask if they have done one for a stock 727

From the YNZ website it looks like a trial cert is only for someone who holds an existing cert for 2010/2011 and costs $14.50 per metre. For a new application it is $33 per metre.

SJB provided this earlier on....

[attachment=1]Rule%201.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Rule%202.JPG[/attachment]

so if i got the design for say, hellaby and built a new one still no good?

even through it would be a sister ship.

so if i got the design for say, hellaby and built a new one still no good?

even through it would be a sister ship.

No because it would have a hull age out side the range

right does anybody know where tweety birds ashes are lying then.

There is one up this way whose owner is considering his options - think it was briefly listed on TM recently and then withdrawn - keep an eye out if you are interested.

Clearly I missed a chapter in the story of Tweety Bird - did a round Waiheke on her in the 80s - what happened there?

Was it not taken out by a big launch while on it's mooring? Memory brings back pictures of whacking great big prop marks down the side of it? Was that TW or summat else?

Tweety Bird Davidson 1/4 ton yellow sail #5129 got hit on her mooring, I remember in the newspaper after it was hit and the owner or part owner Fritha Tagg a journalist. TW is in Wellington or was last time I was downthere 5 odd years ago in Chaffers marina now named B'WITCHED K5129 Laurie Davidson David Lee Wellington

Had a refit by some young guys a few years back, was looking as new. RaceTrack has results for racing at Bucks last winter.

Guest Dry Reach

Anybody know what the whiting 1/4 tonner moored in Port Chalmers, Dunedin is called and who owns it.

Its looks original and in good condition.

Guest Dry Reach
Heres a doer upper... and cheap.

check the photo's and the hatch placement plus the jammer alignment! :crazy:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 335355.htm

The only problem is that it was designed by Phil Atkinson, Keith's son.

It was based on the design out of England, I think Rod Humphreys

yeah but in its time a man called murray Ross sailed one called Demon Tweaker to a 1/4 nationals/south pacific champs. 1974 or there abouts i think

not my choice of 1/4 tonner

Archived