Simrad

As 930's are sailed by gentlemen

This is obviously some new definition of 'gentleman' to which I was not previously aware?

Even 'sailed' was showing more flexibility and imagination with English than I thought appropriate to the situation.

Wouldn't it be embarrassing for a Turboed 930 to get beaten by a boring old Y88.....
Worse is a Turbo being beaten by a pure-bred and that has happened....... more than once. But just like a 88, the pure-breds can only do that when a Turbo fecks up large, breaks, gets lost or it's blowing it's titties right off.

Who's betting on who for the win ?
A quick look at the long range forecast has me saying the 88's will, or should, finish before us. A lot more their weather than ours by the looks at this stage.

Any entry list anywhere we can suss?

As 930's are sailed by gentlemen

This is obviously some new definition of 'gentleman' to which I was not previously aware?

It's just the circles you move in that have screwed with your definition of the term. I suggest keeping away from people who sail yachts would help :lol:

KM if you must throw things at my testicles then i'll be on a black piedy with 'moneyshot' on the side, im the guy with short black hair holding on to the tiller (who will most likely be grabbing his crews bum while they are bent over the leeward winch) :twisted:

Wouldn't it be embarrassing for a Turboed 930 to get beaten by a boring old Y88.....

would be even more embarrasing if an SR26 beat them all......

would be even more embarrasing if an SR26 beat them all......

Like last year :)

:lol: :lol: You'll go blind, didn't you mummy tell you that?

I believe I was once told you are only as good as your last race. But hey, why bring that up and trash a good story ;)

could be a certain S34 that spanks the lot of ya. coppelia gave them a run last year and i think jagged did in the light.

anyone else notice there are some big boats in the chicken sh*t (small boat) division? could be some tussels between the 727s, piedys (the have their own div?) and whiting 1/4s

i want to break some speed records this year too. so some wave action could be good downwind. no good upwind with waves.

Yeah i wondered that, guess fleet numbers game, but if i owned a Marauder i would be dissapointed to be in a different fleet to the Farr 9.2's? They will smash around that 32 Mile course in about 6 hours

Smallboat division is open to both Upto26 size boats, but also larger boats with a TCF/PHRF of less than .700 - guess we won't know what the TCF's to be used are until the first set of results (other than those that come up on last year's results). Some of the bigger 28-30 footers might not be that far off .700 and may prefer the shorter courses.

Anyway, looking like a good sou-wester and should be a great first race, can't wait!

Oh goodie, the weather's changing a fair bit in the forecasts.

Huh? Predict wind.com has been pretty much the same for the last few days?

Oh gawd, look at 6 differing forecast and each is a bit different.

You guys seeing SW or WSW or SSW?

Yes it makes a difference to us, too much S and we can load more rum than we will if it's more W where we'll have to load more stubbies. This race planning stuff is hard yakka :)

:lol: Start in our conditions and you very well may see us near the pointy end of the fleet again but sadly Sat isn't looking like a repeat of those conditions.

Now lets see if my estimation of the other boats in the fleet is as good as I think it is. There is a couple of wildcards that could do good as easily as they could do bad, which is making it a bit tricky. But I'm gonna call it thus -

Pepe to feature along with DDF, Rattle and Mix T and gonna chuck in Bump as well, her on going tweaking is knot slower her down at all and she sporting some flash new square topped cloth. So a bit of a black sheep call there with Bump. If it pans out weather wise as it is at the moment one of those should smell the smoke. We'll finish a while later in a double figure position which will be a smaller number than our H/c position.

What say you Mark, where have I got it wrong? Tell us your thoughts and we'll see who's a better guesser, if your brave enough but no pressure :lol: :lol:

Line, I always like Fast Company though I'm not sure how much 2h experience they have, Pepe should be thereabouts and I have a feeling there may be a couple of Sr26s(Mercenary and RnR) in their, despite the weather, embarrassing all and sundry. H'cap would be a bit impolitic for me to comment on.

I did notice a certain 1020 which has been absent for a good few years back in the mix. Thought this might put the cat among the canaries a bit in the heavy buggers division. Suspect they'll find life a bit tougher than it used to be, but they won't be disappointed with the forecast still, neither will their competition.

PS. Watch Geralda off the wind, she'll fly, then she'll hope like hell the course is shortened at Passage Rock.

KM if you must throw things at my testicles then i'll be on a black piedy with 'moneyshot' on the side, im the guy with short black hair holding on to the tiller (who will most likely be grabbing his crews bum while they are bent over the leeward winch) :twisted:

Oh i am so going to have fun with you after the race! You may want to pack some lube before the race as we are going to enjoy giving you a good old fashioned pounding around the course!!!!! :lol:

Marshall Law:

Practice sail tick.

Try out genikers tick.

Wipe out with both MH and fractional Genikers? tick.

Will she go upwind in 30 to 40kn true? tick..

14.5kn downwind in 20kn with MH Geniker flat water? tick.

Great fun had by Smithy and Squid....

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

Archived