WBC WS 12 July 11

Mr Bump, JH, Atom Ant, Squidly Diddly, who has finally worked out a Quality Birdsal is the boat to be on...

Awesome Photos Mr Me, I am very jealous and going into withdrawl symtoms.

Must sand faster, must sand faster, must sand faster....

You missed Offender!

maybe the owner can answer this, i was looking at RO on the hard at gulf harbour today and i was wondering why the curved boards are so farr forward? only reason i could think of was because of lee helm from the gennaker cause they seem to be up while going upwind

Keep guessing Jordan, here's a clue - nothing to do with Bruce Farr. :lol:

Curved boards give lift vertical, aren't they forward to try and keep the bow up, i.e. stop the hand stands?

Mr Bump, JH, Atom Ant, Squidly Diddly, who has finally worked out a Quality Birdsal is the boat to be on...

Awesome Photos Mr Me, I am very jealous and going into withdrawl symtoms.

Must sand faster, must sand faster, must sand faster....

You missed Offender!

Sorry Mr Offender, I was busy sanding, didn't see you out there :?

See JH, with real commitment you wouldn't have gone sailing on that perfect sailing day with a steady 15 knot SW and sunshine with a good fleet around an excellent Olymipc course on some of the best racing water in the Huaraki Gulf with no tides just off Long Bay, you would have stayed home building and sanding your boat, like me :thumbup:

Ah Mark Mark Mark - Atom Ant is quick enough and there's plenty of boats have viewed nothing but her transom.

In this instance just getting bored with mindless rhetoric from the whipper snapper.

Offender was designed with fine amas that offer least resistance to waves, the down side of this is that you have to be careful when reaching as the hulls will not carry to much power.

so I added foils to provide lift on reaches and allow Offender to carry the power.

Fortunately they also reduce the risk of diving for cockles.

To any confederate wanaby's out there who may wonder why they are forward, there is a rule of thumb, as with most things in life. The foils need to be set 1 meter in front of the center of lateral resistance , or for those with limited confederate intelligence, 1 meter in front of the center board. in the case of these foils they have an angle of attack of 1 deg, it wasn't until after I had installed them that I learned the French have the foils movable on the open 60's.

You learn something every day, even more when you keep your mouth shut and your ears open. :)

ah that makes sense. another question, what is the adjustable prod downhaul for if there is the solid strut underneath it? should have come and had a chat today but i was having too much fun sweeping :D

fishy fishy fishy. you should have learned by now, sailing on the weekends and boat building after... well boat building all day.

fishy fishy fishy. you should have learned by now, sailing on the weekends and boat building after... well boat building all day.

Poor JH, you've still got some learning to do...

Its this thing, earning a living, fairly important so I don't have to live with my parents, can by my own beer, and more importantly pimp out the boat.

Unfortunately I have to earn a living during the week, hence get to work on the boat on weekends :evil: :evil:

But you enjoy your sailing while I'm sanding :think:

Do you want a race? lets see who's boat is in the water first?

Poor JH, you've still got some learning to do...

Its this thing, earning a living, fairly important so I don't have to live with my parents, can by my own beer, and more importantly pimp out the boat.

Unfortunately I have to earn a living during the week, hence get to work on the boat on weekends :evil: :evil:

But you enjoy your sailing while I'm sanding :think:

Do you want a race? lets see who's boat is in the water first?

My money is on Fish. I live by the philosophy of the harder you work the more toys you can afford.

well its kinda hard to avoid boatbuilding all day when.... thats what i do to earn a living :wink: no sailing this weekend though so the boats going to get alot of attention. hows about we have a race when they are both in the water fishy, you can join the race me and marshy are doing around the barrier.

you can join the race me and marshy are doing around the barrier.

Do Tell? haven't heard of this one.

But why stop at the Barrier though :?:

There is a rock to the North East a bit more, we could race round that, be a proper challenge then. Some guy, Fagan, sailed around it in a boat about as long as yours. Would be a good there and back race, 1,200nm. Don't need to clear customs, don't even need CAT 1 if you don't tell anyone your going :shh:

The guy Fagan called it Sunday Island, how about we race around that?

The mini would be good for it, they're designed for trans Atlantics aren't they?

My money is on Fish. I live by the philosophy of the harder you work the more toys you can afford.

And as they say... He who dies with the most toys wins!

Problem is Jordan im still waiting... By the time your floating i would have sold the SR and bought a cat... But im sure i will be able to borrow an SR and show you that you dont need floppy keels to go like sh*t off a shovel downhill. Just need big balls, a big kite and a small trimmer to keep it set while the rest of the boys stack up across the back rail...

+ 1

Don't forget JH it's knot who dies with the fastest yacht, it's who dies with the most toys. I think Fish is beating you comfortably at the moment :thumbup:

Yes Mr Fish, I've looked at the start sheet with keen anticipation but sadly no sign of your name. They are having fun out there.... sand faster :lol:

And as they say... He who dies with the most toys wins!
See Marshy said the same thing and now it's on the interweb at least twice it must be true :)

I'll come out for a play with you lads also. Can't leave Marshy and Fish to embarrass JH all by themselves :twisted: :lol: :lol:

be one hell of a renegade race. will jordan have a chart plotter? be able to afford enough food for about a week and a half? or will he get to 200nm off shore and get buzzed by the orion. there looks to be a runway there so could get picked up if you get there and you've had enough.

go on....

you could just grunt up and do the round nz. one of the legs is about the same length.

sh*t by the time jh is in the water ill prolly have our next intended boat. or just borrow the F727, E40, Y11, P38, D42 or S34

Do Tell? haven't heard of this one.

But why stop at the Barrier though :?:

There is a rock to the North East a bit more, we could race round that, be a proper challenge then. Some guy, Fagan, sailed around it in a boat about as long as yours. Would be a good there and back race, 1,200nm. Don't need to clear customs, don't even need CAT 1 if you don't tell anyone your going :shh:

The guy Fagan called it Sunday Island, how about we race around that?

The mini would be good for it, they're designed for trans Atlantics aren't they?

hmm 1,200nm there and back. must mean upwind and downwind work, so start on a tuesday morning, be back the following tuesday morning. for all we know it would be tuesday for the whole race, could even write a song about my experiences afterwards. call it 'forever tuesday morning' or something along those lines. hey maybe i could also paint my boat orange and call it swirly world. yep that sounds good, i'll give you a call to get more race details in a few.... years.... ish.

Archived