WBC WS 12 July 11

be one hell of a renegade race.

Wouldn't it be :D

Blue Water Classic, as long as Fiji or Noumea, no customs, no return delivery, no shipping containers. And if you go renegade, no CAT 1.

Don't tell Squid :shh:

He might call it a Jester something and accidentally start something

what is the adjustable prod downhaul for if there is the solid strut underneath it?
Yeh what is that? I don't remember putting one of those in?

There is however a complicated device mounted there to confuse the bow bitch( AA). It is the tack line for the screacher, if it didn't go back down to the bobstay mount it would rip the prod right off.

Clean bum, back in the water tomorrow so I wont need to send AA over the side for at least a month :lol:

you can join the race me and marshy are doing around the barrier.

Do Tell? haven't heard of this one.

But why stop at the Barrier though :?:

There is a rock to the North East a bit more, we could race round that, be a proper challenge then. Some guy, Fagan, sailed around it in a boat about as long as yours. Would be a good there and back race, 1,200nm. Don't need to clear customs, don't even need CAT 1 if you don't tell anyone your going :shh:

The guy Fagan called it Sunday Island, how about we race around that?

The mini would be good for it, they're designed for trans Atlantics aren't they?

hmm 1,200nm there and back. must mean upwind and downwind work, so start on a tuesday morning, be back the following tuesday morning. for all we know it would be tuesday for the whole race, could even write a song about my experiences afterwards. call it 'forever tuesday morning' or something along those lines. hey maybe i could also paint my boat orange and call it swirly world. yep that sounds good, i'll give you a call to get more race details in a few.... years.... ish.

Oh Dear, imagine Jordan singing old 80's classic for a week, it would be like One (long) Black Friday. I don't know Jordan, you'd have to grow that Mullet back

The "most toys" was probably put out there by the people who have all the toys but spend all their time paying for them rather than using any of them.

Make it a pub to pub, finish line at the pub on the Chathams.

Still in NZ waters isn't it ( unless you ask an Islander that is).

Make it a pub to pub, finish line at the pub on the Chathams.
Yeah yeah yeah, lets do that, please please please :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good toys are just cool and more toys is better than less. It's a good principal to live by.

It's also cool to share your toys
Cool.

As I'd like to share the mighty Demo for the RNZ race you better get it up to Cat 2 please :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

I can share you a KLR650 to use to get to each port to undertake any required fixings, clean and restock the rum locker prior to the next leg. Actually No, it could be thirsty work so I may have to share you a new Ssingsong ute, more beverage carrying capabilities :thumbup:

Yes the hunt is still on :(

Hahahaha. You guys crack me up. Great photos KM and funny thread. I'm well jealous. Hopefully get a whole heap of sailing in next month. Tired of working offshore then working on the boat, then taking kids to sailing. Time for some fun..

I'm surprised none of you northerners have commented on Relapse in the far side of Gulf Harbour Marina. It is the scaled up Young 11 - a Young 50 with twin rudders.

Owned by Mark Edwards ex of Carpe Diem. Contains lots of Chayah - John Muirs written off IOR 50.

You had an article of it at hull and decks stage a while back.

For me to comment on it would have to have meant I'd been down there recently. Must say this multihull slut life I'm trying to lead is keeping me away from my boat that I don't sail anymore.

Must go down there & take a look - over at the Eastern marina you say Jono?

Pretty cool boat, although there's something not right down aft. It's too vertical. For whatever reason Young boats don't suit a vertical transom. I was wanting to go vertical on mine, but took Jim's advice and went for 3deg. Might just be my taste, but a slight angle makes a big difference cosmetically.

i saw that coming into the marina and when it was out for a bum clean. i thought it looked like a well designed boat when it was going through the marina at 5kts... on the plane. its a one off right?

Archived