Can You Help Me Please?

Atom Ant

It is knot the purchase price but the ongoing maintenance costs that you need to be mindful of.

astronomical, anyone else notice the lightweight vang fitting ??

Cascading blocks and locks are alternatives.

Personally the 3:1 is knot as strong as 5:1, nor as enjoyable.

:crazy:

Is knot the inboard jammer meant to be on the starboard side to match the colour coding :?:

Hmm yeah I see what you mean. but we need to keep in mind the younger viewers on this forum who are easily distracted from working on their boat already. We don't want to be responsible for a total cessation of work now do we?

Well yes, I have a few bum jammers on my boat as well (that just does not sound right but probably is true of some).

Some of them come complete with a pin for belaying the ropes to.

They look fine. As they age they get loose and floppy and therefore not serviceable. These look in good condition. A quick assessment would be to check they are firm and tight and make sure you service them regularly.

what jammer? where is the yacht in the photos?

Typical young bloke. Alawys blinded by the software instead of the hardware.

AA, these eare most certainly the expensive models and just like on any "performance racer", they need a lot of expensive maintenance and upkeep and they tend to stop working right when yuou need them the most. The older more reliable models get the job done and although no perfect one has ever been made yet, I believe the Japanese maybe working on one. And ofcourse, the older we and our boats get, the greater the risk of others coveting your bling and the risk of losing it one night.

Lots more to learn from these photos. On starboard, the leach on the genoa is hooked with a very loose foot. I think the trimmer has been distracted by something. Buildings in the background indicate Europe? Probably one of the warmer bits judging by the lack of wet weather gear on display.

Yes, think perhaps a review of sheeting angles on that headsail on starboard tack might be required.

Clearly something has distracted the headsail trimmer.

Archived