A new atrifical reef just a cock-up

Here is what my transom is looking at today.... tomorrow and maybe longer, she isn't in a easy spot for big gear to get too.

36" 49' 07.65S 174" 45' 58.77E on Google earth, where the little white platform is on that.

She was seen with a list yesterday arvo, more of list yesterday evening, lower a few hours later. Knot one pump deployed and no one seems to have done squat about it, silly billys.

stinky diesel everywhere.

I suppose now my fears of a screaming Northerly sending her crashing over all of us seem to have been negated.

post-646-141887185161.jpg

Didn't that one used to be parked at one of the last rows on the exit to bayswater?

Was a live aboard for someonelast I saw.

She was seen with a list yesterday arvo, more of list yesterday evening, lower a few hours later. .....

What do the Marina Security staff say about this?

My boat is parked way up North for the winter and, although I pay someone to check her on a regular basis, I would expect (for the rental I'm paying) that the Marina Security people would act if the boat seemed out of trim.

David don't rely on it, my experience in Toot was in a 3 day blow, although I had made contact prior to the blow really commencing and being assured all was well. I was never contacted even though the bow lines chafed through and the boat rotated 180deg around the after pile, plus dinghy had been hanging from one davit for 2 of those days after being knocked loose during the aforesaid rotation. Luckily the berth she swang into was empty, otherwise the damage could have been substantial. When I rang again on the third day, they said they had put a line onto my "new" bow pile but hadn't done anything re the dangling dinghy, too dangerous, I was told. I should have gone up to ensure she was safe, instead I relied on being phoned, my mistake!

Toot is prone to a lot of surge as has been reinforced by the damage done during the last 2 Tsunami's.

Not good at all.. Might trot down tommorrow and have a nosey...

Then get in yer car and come down to Ruapehu, it's bleedin' awesome

I expect this will become more and more common, as it is in the US. The cost of owning a boat has increased dramatically, so the second hand value of said boats drops, until it is easier to walk away. Auctions of abandoned boats by marinas and local authorites are quite common over there.

I expect this will become more and more common, as it is in the US. The cost of owning a boat has increased dramatically, so the second hand value of said boats drops, until it is easier to walk away. Auctions of abandoned boats by marinas and local authorites are quite common over there.

Sounds like a good idea for a crew.org.nz rally!

Organise purchases en-masse, organise crew to help with the return, and off :thumbup:

She's got real nice old school 'come on for a Gin and Cucumber sandwich' lines. Sad to see her like this.

The story, or at least the most likely sounding one of many, is -

She was parked outside the office by the entrance of the marina, Yes Toles it is the same one. Twas there for a couple of years. I don't think anyone was living on here but there was often someone/s on her.

The owner is in England and stopped paying the marina 2 years ago. I hear it was a 'here you have the bloody thing, I've washed my hands of it' sort of a deal.

She was moved into that back corner, with us poor people, 2 weeks ago as there was a concern she may sink in front of the Marina office.

She was patched and no one really thought she would go down... or at least most seemed knot to.

Many saw her with a list and it growing Sat but it seems no one did squat about it i.e. one decent pump may have stopped it as she went slowish.

Word is the Marina knew it was happening, which I would expect as there is no where in there knot on video camera and the Security team are very vigilante, hence we have zero issues with dodgy randoms (a few key Ross boat crew/s excepted, and knot just ones off a sexy painted 930... Yes I do mean 'No worries' and a certain R40 with it's cross-dressing crew ;) ).

I believe the lack of pumps and action may come down to a simple and commonly seen 'Who's paying?', 'Don't know?', 'Well I'm knot touching her then'.

Salvage should be pretty simple if they can get the big crane barge in. The rough plan was to try and get her upright and pump like a bastard. If they can get her upright, at low tide she shouldn't be in much water so portholes etc will be above waterline hence good pumps should do it. The holes are thought to be smallish. After that I suppose it's off to a dry dock some where. If the big gear can't get in there it could become quite a bit trickier. It is tucked up right in the back corner so space and depth is a issue at low tide, especially if your vessel is 20mts long and 50 tonnes.

The Lady Deema was moved around there by some well driven RIBs, knot under her own power.

Looking pretty sad allright. Pretty dumb move by the Marina to just let her sink.. Like KM says, they have cameras everywhere. Ignorance is no excuse.. More shots from this morning..

KM do you have footage that I don't?? I told Mero to keep her clothes on... :D :D

Sunk-1.JPG

Sunk-2.JPG

Sunk-3.JPG

Yeah not their best work realistically. And im pretty sure the guy that owns it is still liable for pumping the thing out surely?

Oh the oil that has poured out seemed to have a paint stripper effect on your boat KM, after you did such a nice paintjob on it over the weekend!

Conspiracy Theory :silent:

Press Release:

Bayswater Marine moves to build new breakwater to reduce ground swell in marina berths.

Stage one successfully completed without planning permission, public consultation, Resource Consent, without even having to talk to the ARC, with record low Conulstants fees and in record quick time.

And in unrelated news, Marina offers free berthage to old Korean long liners (read stage 2, 3 and 4 of the new Bayswater Breakwater) :lol: :lol:

Press Release:

Bayswater Marine moves to build new breakwater to reduce ground swell in marina berths.

Stage one successfully completed without planning permission, public consultation, Resource Consent, without even having to talk to the ARC, with record low Conulstants fees and in record quick time.

And in unrelated news, Marina offers free berthage to old Korean long liners (read stage 2, 3 and 4 of the new Bayswater Breakwater) :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Might be pretty close to the truth!!

Press Release:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Might be pretty close to the truth!!

It would have to be better than what's there wouldn't it?

Found out a bit more today. The owner isn't in England and this isn't the only boat he has parked up in dodgy nick and .......... it goes pretty bad from here on I'm told. Who is liable is a work in progress. Heard more on that but best knot to say anything as I think this could get very messy.... and just knot on the spilt oil front.

No Smithy I have no hidden video of you and to be honest I'm pretty please about that :) If you mean of my boat and 'adult games', tell Mero to play the game and 'get ya knickers off darling'. Feel free to go hard, yes the pun was intended, in my cockpit, me and the Wa do in yours so it's only fair. Yours has more room for those adventurous positions. If you like jump in to mine and you too can wonder at the reflective qualities of a perspex companion way hatch, or at least one of you at a time can :shock: :lol: Please excuse the Kate Bosworth posters pinned on the cabin top, Simrads can be very long when you have the ugly crew I do :wink:

Oh the oil that has poured out seemed to have a paint stripper effect on your boat KM, after you did such a nice paintjob on it over the weekend!
Now there is one dude with a dodgy mind just like mine. Ya just have to love.............. or be very afraid of that :lol:

Yes you're right, that bloody spill and only just after I had a total repaint. I think someones insurance company needs to front up to get it redone... again ;)

I think you missed your calling Fish :) But I think that's probably knot quite right. One thing Bayswater Marina does do is be very anal about the environment. They are seriously fussy about that, very seriously. The last and recently departed GM, Phil, was a fanatic, at times a bit too much, but that is probably why people have pulled 5-6lb snapper out of it more than once. Can't argue with that theory as us here in the Republic of Flagstaff are the wasters and environment trashers like those sth of the bridge are :twisted: Phil would be turning in his grave about now, or would be if he saw the Lady D today and he was actually dead, which he isn't.

Archived