simrad 60 weather

3 gusting 4.

Awesome.

NOT

My crew has a flight at 9:30 on sunday morning....

Sorry, but you need a new crew as your just going to have to pull out.

Looks like we'll be doing well to finish within the time limit, but as there are 3 close by weather systems it can still change between now and Saturday.

When is time limit? From memory its 1200 on Sunday?

Actaully looks like we'll drift around all saturday and get 10 knots Southerly on saturday evening to try and get home in.

That's interesting Boo. All the ones I've just sussed show pretty much a max of 5kts..... in the gusts. Some interesting variation in direction though and all show some wet falling from above.

My co-driver is very very afraid, I don't cope with 0-5 at all well. Tend to drink and want to show why the phrase 'white fellas can't dance' was coined.

The call for the day at the moment is 'sedatives and lots of them' :)

i like your forecast booboo, although struggling to see why so different to Metvuw and windguru?

that much would make for a much quicker, if scarier, ride!

Hope you havent got that new main yet - do we still have chance?

Guest mental outlook

I'm happy with the 12 knots I can see there in the evening, which clearly will apply to us based on the wind strength during the day!

Now here is an interesting one. The other night whilst having a beer with tim he rekons he could make a case in the southerly for going down the inside of waiheke (maraetai side) to ganet rock. I personally believe the shortest distance between two point is a straight line so would go through motohuie and outside waiheke. But there will be lee behind waiheke in a southerly! interesting hmm

Nah cant see it to be honest Russell.. More likely to get a heinous shadow going through the passage from Passage rock to Gannet.

And not sure how there is a wind shadow off Waiheke but not off the land at Maraitai? In saying that i would happily love to be proven wrong and even buy the guy a beer! Thats one big risk!

Now here is an interesting one. The other night whilst having a beer with tim he rekons he could make a case in the southerly for going down the inside of waiheke (maraetai side) to ganet rock. I personally believe the shortest distance between two point is a straight line so would go through motohuie and outside waiheke. But there will be lee behind waiheke in a southerly! interesting hmm

A beer, or MANY beers...?

nah, sounds good. Go for it Tim. Sounds a grand idea...

Archived