AC 45 world series in NZ?

Anyone know if the AC world series will make a stop over here? There are a few undecided venues in the schedule. It would be great if they do f :thumbup:

Wonder if you have to bid for such an event. If so what do you think it would cost?

From sail world. Looks like the AC 45s are not coming to NZ

What is up with that?...

I think the AC race committee don't like NZ. They can kiss my arse :thumbdown:

Although, if they do come here I will retract that last statement.

The Downunder venue for the ACWS has not yet been announced. It is understood that Auckland is off the list, and that the leading contender is Southport, Australia.

Southport, really. Thats Bullshit. One of the more committed team being Team NZ and the powers at be dont even bring the ACWS to NZ, instead race in in Auz.... They dont even have a team... Wat the F**k AC managment...

(Will also eat my words if NZ becomes a reality for a venue)

So the Council pour millions into turning the Viaduct into a boating area and millions into TV screens for a football game and they are not interested in a Boat race.

So they are about to spend $69million dollars developing Hobbsy into a Superboat biulding area to create jobs for the West siude of Auckland and yet don't want to bring an event to the Country that would help biuld the industry to create the positions for those jobs.

So there is a Race series that is basicaly promoting what the next AC will be and they.....oh never mind.

Why do we continuosley have these numpties voted into these positions of decision making.

Maybe the council just doesn't have the readies? Afterall the RWC has sucked up a fair few council mil in order to fill the coffers of the IRC, let alone the extra mils spent to host more games etc. Could be there just isn't any more $. Dunno - just a thought.

It would just be another RWC.

AC management get big $$ from the ratepayers of Akl in return for billions poured into the AKL economy by the 21 million people that will come to watch the event. Then after it's over we'll find the taxpayer paid 5 million plus expenses direct to the AC management and the economic return was in reality only Aunty Ethel who drove up from the Waikato spending $12 on 2 Lattes.

Why the hell would the AC care about NZ for? We have nothing to offer them.

While I agree with KM, what happens if ETNZ win? Dalts has said the cup would come back to NZ, but I bet there would be huge pressure to take it elsewhere. Have the rules changed or does the winner still have total control over the next venue?

Why would the average Joe ratepayer want to subsidise a precursor series to the America's Cup that isn't even going to be held in NZ? Hell we couldn't even get our sh*t together for the V8supercars and that has a proven following!

I suspect that if you polled the general populace of the greater Auckland they wouldn't even know that there was such a series on let alone being interested in watching it live. Those that were aware of it would probably prefer to watch the action on Youtube from the comforts of their armchair. I can't see how the return on investment would stand up to any sort of scrutiny. It would be just like the LAGalaxy soccer match a few years back.

Now if Team NZ actually won the AC and brought it back to NZ then it would be a different story.

But the America's Cup is only a sport for rich spoiled brats who get paid to play in boats ..... unlike the rich spoiled brats (e.g. Tindall) who get paid to run around a paddock with a pig's bladder under their arm. :roll:

Archived