Volvo Auckland Finish Line

chic014

Thanks for posting it. Its a shame that the finish line isnt of Orakei or something like that so that everyone can have a great spot to watch if theres a close finish.

Thanks for posting it. Its a shame that the finish line isnt of Orakei or something like that so that everyone can have a great spot to watch if theres a close finish.

Come on you will be say soon that the course should have been like the old Whitbread tracks. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Come on you will be say soon that the course should have been like the old Whitbread tracks. :wink: :lol: :lol:

I think its great that there finishing up the harbour as its a great idea especially if its close. Theres nothing like having to beat up the harbour against the tide, im just a little sad that I cant take photos of them crossing the finish line :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So the million dollar question (trying to plan work etc) when exactly do we think the fleet will start to arrive in Auck? Surely they must still be 3-4 days away and unlikely to arrive on Thur?

I am hoping the weekend - much easier to get up there with the man folk of the house.

Mind you - I don't mind leaving he who mows the lawns behind, but I think him and his mini me might want to see it too and may be somewhat peeved if I were to not include them. :crazy:

Both Thur and Fri are a bit of work nightmare but I was hoping to get some time off if I could plan with more certainty... but with the leaders 1300nm away even if they averaged 13 kts that's 100hrs or about 4 days which puts it at Sat avo onwards... which would be perfect if the whole fleet basically arrived over the weekend wouldn't it? :P

Both Thur and Fri are a bit of work nightmare but I was hoping to get some time off if I could plan with more certainty... but with the leaders 1300nm away even if they averaged 13 kts that's 100hrs or about 4 days which puts it at Sat avo onwards... which would be perfect if the whole fleet basically arrived over the weekend wouldn't it? :P

Volvo are saying Saturday/Sunday, but i will find out more info when I go to sign up for the media boats later this arvo :D

Did you still want me to take a look at that camera (ISO stuff)?

Ill see how I go after tomorrow night. If im still struggling with it I will probably be in town on thursday hanging around the media center so I could mabey drop it into your work.

OK, so it's obvious competition to start (for a bottle of Mt Gay) maybe it's already running somewhere else that I didn't notice but what about a sweepstake on the closest ETA for:

1. First boat

2. Camper

:?: :?: :?:

ETA 10pm Sat 10th for the first boat ? Who is going out for a look ?

I would love to, but I dont have a boat during nightime hours.

6pm saturday.

I will take my boat out to meet them if it works out outside normal working hours otherwize I need to be in our stand in the volvo exhibition.

Keep in touch steven, you and anyone else are welcome to come out.

6pm saturday.

I will take my boat out to meet them if it works out outside normal working hours otherwize I need to be in our stand in the volvo exhibition.

Keep in touch steven, you and anyone else are welcome to come out.

Will do. If they come in during daylight then I can go out on a media boat. Other wise ill let you know.

Archived