Wheels drift & 'nom de plumes'

L'escale

Wheels, get in touch with Sean Bainbridge [kosovokiwi3@hotmail.com] at CCYC (Westpark Marina Yacht Club) and ask to be put on the email list. This will keep you upto date with CCYC activities. They run quite a few cruising weekends etc and would be stoked with a new member. They are a really good bunch and very down to earth with very little pretentions.

There is also regular (very casual) racing at the end of the channel on Wednesdays and/or Sundays. You'd have a lot of fun entering your boat, or getting involved as crew on someone elses. Its a great way to hook up with the locals. I'd offer you a ride on my tub, but im stuck in Sydney for at least another 10 months. Ask for "Torky" at the Westpark Chandlery (he the race officer) and im sure he'll know who needs crew and put you in touch.

Regarding Craftyless, i just ignore his drivel. Life's to short for pointless internet arguements with attention seeking trolls.

Regarding Craftyless, i just ignore his drivel. Life's to short for pointless internet arguements with attention seeking trolls.

Except that you just didn't. You commented, and used emotive terms in doing so...giving him exactly what he wants, and a chance to come back and pick at what you said.

Tuffy, actually Dawn sails (or was sailing) on "Sound Wave" out of Westpark, in all the racing series. But it has just been put on the market, so not sure if the owner is continuing to race it or not. We are memebers at Hobbsonville, but it is not so much that I am not meeting anyone, I am actually meeting heaps. It was just a comment that if we are cruising out, it'snot so easy meeting up with other cruisers is all.

Smithy, yeah I know you didn't mean it.It was just a tongue in cheek comment is all. :thumbup:

Guest Crafty 1
and some can take it others cannot.

Careful EE, there is someone on crew that can not take it. Rather obvious who don't ya think :wink: :lol:

To those whom think i diverted this thread (on page 3) you are all wrong!

it was changed by Eliot Energy's post and the wheels post (example above) then finalised thread drift was confirmed by pwederell!

go back and read it. and for those that blame me.... shame on you for strirring it upwhile being incorrect.

Thste all.

I'll order one. And I will pay the money before you place the order. I am sure others would be happy to do the same.

Me too. Money where mouth is - where would you like the funds?

If you look closely you can see the crew.org flag in there somewhere. And if you ever see the speaker ( or rum bucket) flag and are planning on a quiet night- probably best to move or join the party.

2008_12_23%20%20Crew%20RR%20(69).JPG

Archived