The difference Between 75mm & 3 inches?

Fish

Turns out the difference is 1.2mm :twisted: :twisted:

Am fitting the genoa car tracks onto our shinny new deck. Turns out one is metric and the other imperial. i.e. one is Ronstan 32 series, with a 75mm spacing between bolt holes. The other we beleive is a Clevco - Morris, 1 1/4 inch track with 3 inch spacing between the bolt holes.

Only problem is I used the Ronstan 32 series to drill all the holes (both sides), now the other track wont fit :twisted: over a 3m track the holes are out by up to 45mm, 1.2mm per hole.

Anyone know where I can get Ronstan 32 series with 75mm bolt hole spacing's from? 3m stick needed. The current Ronstan 32 stuff at Burnsco is 100mm hole spacings.

We can fill the holes with resin and start again, but having just spent the last 8 months putting on a new deck we are keen to find a track that fits first :D

I even measured both tracks (over one hole) they looked identical.

Sailors corner have a selection of Ronstan 32mm track. Might be worth having a look through it.

Worst case you could offset the track that you have by 25mm or so and then re-drill every hole. I'd rather have two sets of holes in the track than the deck. You can tell everyone that the extra holes are there to keep the wieght down!

Quickest and most stress free will be to get the 75mm track.

Looks like NZRigging and Fosters are a both Ronstan importers / suppliers. Maybe try them:

I had a look in the suppliers catalogue, it appears the 75mm hole spacing hasn't been made for a while.

Through Harken NZ you can get some custom drilled, I can get you a price for this through Hall Spars as well if you wish.

It will not be a super fast delivery time however.

Is it "T" track or "I" track ?

Thanks for all of the feedback, especially Bimini Babe :wink:

Our general understanding is track hasn't been made in this size for a while.

What would be ideal is if someone has 3m of Ronstan 32 series with 75mm spacings, just magically sitting around.

Our next option is to get hold of some blank track, drill it and anodise it. The stuff is available and fairly cheap, but has to come from Oz which will add a month to us actaully going sailing... instead of sitting on the boat with a power drill and five measuring tapes, as per Bimini Babe's advice.

We could fill and re-drill all the holes in the deck, but I don't want to, out of pig-headed-ness mainly, and cause its a brand new deck.

Have you tried Boat Bits Fish? Or what about Stanleys up in Whangarei? You might get lucky and find some perfectly good second hand track.

Boatbits is now named the water shed, Still the same spot, just be brought by Dan Slater I believe.. no website yet...

Archived