ETNZ AC72 Sailing

Oh well, unpopularity never lasts (nor does popularity either). No one hates DC now and most Kiwis have gotten over RC leaving home too.

I guess cheating depends on how you see it, and if I want to say the Yanks will cheat to win then I have the right to say so. But if they can't get their boat to go then look out for rule changes to suit - cheating.

Go on then have at it.

You may want to review your post OC.

done

You sure you don't want to double check it again now? ;)

But it's the AC AA. It's been riddled with dodgy for decades, that's what makes it unique. If you took all that dodgy out what are you left with? Some fun boats but knot much more. You can't say close yacht racing. Last time there wasn't any racing bar in hype to cover a cock-up only. The time before that was as close as it has been for decades which was 5-2, before that it was all the points plays no points like results. The AC needs dodgy to survive... and/or a nationality rule.

Where's some good foiling vid I can show D2. She got all excited seeing Prada but is struggling with the concept these things can literally fly.

done

You sure you don't want to double check it again now? ;)

But it's the AC AA. It's been riddled with dodgy for decades, that's what makes it unique. If you took all that dodgy out what are you left with? Some fun boats but knot much more. You can't say close yacht racing. Last time there wasn't any racing bar in hype to cover a cock-up only. The time before that was as close as it has been for decades which was 5-2, before that it was all the points plays no points like results. The AC needs dodgy to survive... and/or a nationality rule.

Where's some good foiling vid I can show D2. She got all excited seeing Prada but is struggling with the concept these things can literally fly.

Absolutely it does! Couldn't agree more. Hey I didn't say I didn't like it! That's the intrigue of the cup and the never ending BS that goes on with it. I don't care what happens after this one as there will always be those who like and those who dislike what happens anyway.

Frankly I'm more interested in knowing what kind of summer we are going to have - like, are we going to get one?

OK then I'll do it here for you.

It,s not Cheating and it,s not just the yanks.

Daulton is on record stating if he wins the cup he will change the rules and bring a citizen rule that only sailors from their domilcile country can be crew. That means there will be dozens of other Kiwis not in a job sailing for other syndicates.

NM Dalts and Coutts and Jobson and quite a few others in the last year or so. Bummer but that's the way it rolls. Besides many there are past due retirement anyway

No one has the right to deny another person from earning an income from sailing in the AC.

NM Tripe, they are employees just like bank tellers.

There has never been a residency rule in the entire history on the AC.

NM What did the NYYC do in 1980?... I think it was. The Bond Challenge from hazy memory.

You think is not good enough. The restriction only applied to designers not crew. Hazy all right - top.

If he succeeds he will be the most unpopular sailor in the modern event more unpopular than Dirty Dennis.

NM With so many name calling for this I seriously doubt that. In fact a nationality rule would make the AC more attractive and a more unique event.

NM Better luck being more accurate next time :wink:

They would find it hard to find sponsors don't you think with no kiwi input.

No sponsors no challengers.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Frankly I'm more interested in knowing what kind of summer we are going to have - like, are we going to get one?
It's a beaut today. Got all the windows into the new cave. Half way through I was pondering the AC and realised I'm getting a little excited about the impending TNZ/Pradaline up. Be a bitch if one went home super depressed so fingers crossed they are at least close.

Prada has it in the appearance stakes by a long shot.

Never had any problems running America's Cup campaigns for many, many years without Kiwis.

Think maybe you need to brush up on some AC history there OC.

Maybe you should brush up on the AC yourself Grinna.

Both OC and JP must be American*, both are trying to write history :lol: :lol:

* or possibly Maori.

You could be right 8 KM. How do you get it all so right so often? KM :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:| :P :wink: :wink: :wink:

Both OC and JP must be American*, both are trying to write history :lol: :lol:

* or possibly Maori.

Obama or Mitt KM?

OR Hurricane Sandy. KM. Carnage everywhere KM.

And if a boat pitchpoles fast enough, add forward momentum! Actually, I am really looking forward to this event, and whatever happens afterwards. My expectations are low, so it will be hard to disappoint me. I'm guessing the same sh*t, just a faster bucket.

don't they only have one or two days left with this boat and if so - wouldn't finding its limit actually be a smart thing to do!

It wouldn't surprise me if they decided to deliberately flip it to see if they can upright it before the days are up; something they wouldn't want to practice on the new boat.

2 more days to go and then the sailing team get a well deserved month or so off. This is great because next year is going to be full on.

My bet is the next 2 days will be pushing the boat as hard as it will go. They have a ton of data and will be looking foward to sailing the new beast when they get back.

I think so far so good and probably exceeding their expectations all round.

A well oiled machine indeed :thumbup:

Archived