Loose sail at Shoal Bay Swings by Harbour Bridge 12/05/10

Seen today (12/05/10) at 8am. Your Boat?

Red Painted Hull Sailboat (Don't know design, couldn't see through truck spray!) - May pay to venture out to secure it otherwise only going to shred itself.

Close to shore, just out from green shed...

On a similar subject:

a) did I see a 25-30 foot keelboat lying on its side on a barge in middle of the mooring area off Bayswater last time I drove over the bridge?

B) when are they going to put some kind of autopilot/travelator lane across the bridge so those of us looking at the on-the-water activity are not distracted by the need to drive?

On a similar subject:

a) did I see a 25-30 foot keelboat lying on its side on a barge in middle of the mooring area off Bayswater last time I drove over the bridge?

B) when are they going to put some kind of autopilot/travelator lane across the bridge so those of us looking at the on-the-water activity are not distracted by the need to drive?

a) Yep, looked like the yacht that sunk off "the wharf" in little shoal bay

B) Murky for Super City Mayor!

A maroon coloured Variant I think it is. Or a boat very similar to one of those.

Up behind Bayswater marina drys out at low tide or only has a couple of hundy mm's of water there these days. There are a few boats on moorings (mostly illegal) that do dry out between tides.

Just crossed the bridge heading north to see the HM taking a 40'+ launch under tow close to Fishermen's Wharf . Looks like it was drifting?

That one on the barge is a sorry site. It's obviously been well looked after and been quite recently repainted. Only to end up on the bricks knot long after by the looks. Quite sad really when there are shitters harbour wide still floating that deserve to be put out of their misery.

That photo was taken after they did some chainsaw work to get it to sit on the barge better and remove some of the still good gear.

On a similar subject:

you mean this one...

That was it. Only on crew.org could you ask the question and get a photo and the back story in the space of two hours. :thumbup:

On a similar subject:

you mean this one...

WTF? Did a Fizz Nasty come and play a close visit....?!!

Isn't there a 2nd yacht sitting on that same barge?

thought I could see a 2nd rig pointing up at a jaunty angle on the barge there also...

On a similar subject:

you mean this one...

That was it. Only on crew.org could you ask the question and get a photo and the back story in the space of two hours. :thumbup:

and I think the barge used to look like this

barge .jpg

The Barge is indeed the old Zena warrior Barge. It is owned by Marine Services Auckland www.msal.co.nz . These guys are one of the contractors at the HM Office.

The yacht in the photo ende up on Tirir tiri Island a few months back, sailed there by the owner. The two vessels currently on the barge are:

1. a 24 foot sailing vessel. was on the mooring by the Northcote point wharf. A vesel that was continually left at anchor and dragged ashore or broke free.

2. The other vessel sat on a mooring that was not his, sank and remained there for three weeks. The owner has disappeared! the boat is ... well not much really.

The launch picked up under the bridge was one of a few the HM boat picked up. The cleat securing bolts had sheared and the vessel had drifted.

The HM boat, assisted by the Police boats are kept busy on days like yesterday!! Unfortunately we don't always get there in time, and yes the dung heap boats seem to survive somehow!

The boat that sunk off Northcote (White Heron),had a good history. Was a Laurent Giles design and was built by Joe Davison of New Plymouth for the second ever Solo Tasman race (1974) from New Plymouth. Pretty sure he did two of them on this boat.

Sad to see it disintergrate over the years.

Isn't there a 2nd yacht sitting on that same barge?

thought I could see a 2nd rig pointing up at a jaunty angle on the barge there also...

Its called the Sky Tower

The Barge is indeed the old Zena warrior Barge. It is owned by Marine Services Auckland http://www.msal.co.nz . These guys are one of the contractors at the HM Office.

So who's just been shopping and came home with a Tug for the fleet then.

Gezzz.... soon we'll have more Tugs on the Waitamata than we have yachts. They seem to be breeding like flys :) :)

Should be another topic added "Spliced Topics" I can't find one topic that hasn't been molested by other topics :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've all got short attention spans here!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

I still come back though.... :clap: :clap:

Archived