Where's the interest?

Just noticed the front page of SA, in the US they seem quite excited by this cup, must say the NZ response seems somewhat, well, muted, by comparison.

Why so?

IM pretty interested into it after being one of the multi haters, but sometimes I dont post everything on here and only on facebook like that video and a nice article on FMJ done in a local paper (to many pointless arguments on the cup on here).

everyone is wrong sometimes. It does get a bit to personal sometimes, but debate is healthy. Just keep it polite and respect others. Don't worry if you feel you are a beginner, we all have some things to learn in most areas, and lots in others :D Join in!!

Just noticed the front page of SA, in the US they seem quite excited by this cup, must say the NZ response seems somewhat, well, muted, by comparison.

Why so?

Many Americans are easily amused by sweet f*ck all.

Many NZers are still waiting for something to happen to get excited about.

I'm pretty damn excited. There is a lot of excitement/activity on the Sailing Anarchy AC forum, there are a lot of kiwi's who post on that site, and it's kind of fun to have all nationalities posting on one site and winding each other up.

Just got my leave OK'd at work and booking tickets this weekend - I'm excited!

I have downtown accomodation sorted at my sister's apartment within walking distance, too.

She is not a yachtie but she said the downtown area is buzzing and they are really enjoying the action - on the water and on land - sounds to be similar to the viaduct when we had the cup here. :thumbup:

I was out on Friday for a look in a decent breeze, only one other "spectator boat" out to watch two boat testing against Luna Rossa.

I assume Oracle are really working rather than just watching.

My little launch can do 22kn which is enough if you work the angles.

Amazing to be up close and I have tickets booked to SF, gotta be there.

Mind you I sailed up from Picton to watch in 2000 so I guess I am a fan.

I am excited as about this cup. I think plenty of people are. Maybe the awesomeness leaves us a bit speechless. ETNZ are putting out enough videos etc to keep me going, plus what is around the net.

Hey Kiwi Cup Fans -

If you're looking for a road trip while in the San Francisco area, pay us a visit up in Humboldt county - it's about a four hour drive north. In addition to the most amazing coastal redwood groves for hiking and camping, we also have the restoration of the historic anti-nuke ketch Golden Rule under way in Eureka. Stop by for a visit . . :wave:

Here's an article about the GR in the March issue of Latitude 38 (which, btw, is in general an excellent source of Bay area sailing news). See page 100.

http://www.latitude38.com/eBooks/2013/L38201303.pdf

We also have a web site for the project - google vfp golden rule

PAX & Fair Winds, AJ Oliver

Here is the Golden Rule off Hawaii in 1958

golden_rule_hdr.jpg

Wonderful part of the world AJ.

I really like the coastal fishing ports like Fort Bragg a bit south of you. We were there for a repeat visit last year.

But back to thread to me it is as much about the technology as the competition this time.

If we don't win, when will we see this level of sailing performance in NZ again?

Why isn't the Gulf full of spectator boats taking it in?

The show is only on for what another month or so down here.

But back to thread to me it is as much about the technology as the competition this time.

If we don't win, when will we see this level of sailing performance in NZ again?

Why isn't the Gulf full of spectator boats taking it in?

The show is only on for what another month or so down here.

There was a lot of interest when EMTNZ first launched their cat which was awesome and i only wished that I could ahve gotten out on the water to have seen them training. Now as its been over 5 months of foiling without any trouble its become normal for me and nothing that spectacular. Bring on the racing I say and then youll see everyone get excited and behind it.

Archived