LV final

From Latitude 38:

Another wild card during Saturday and Sunday's races may be light winds. One normally reliable source predicts only 6-12 knots along the Cityfront during the early afternoon — ironic, of course, after all the debate about top-end wind limits.

have we seen them race in anything that light before?

Looks to be live on TV one starting at 8am. 2 short races one after the other.

Apparently the 2 OR boats are racing before the race on the sme track. Should be interesting...

I think OR will learn more racing there 2 boats than ETNZ will from racing LR.

watching OR racing i sadly must agree ( i wonder if they cheat against each other :eh: )

I think OR will learn more racing there 2 boats than ETNZ will from racing LR.

watching OR racing i sadly must agree ( i wonder if they cheat against each other :eh: )

don't know about cheating against each other but they certainly were trying to get the worst bottom mark rounding prize

don't know about cheating against each other but they certainly were trying to get the worst bottom mark rounding prize

They could be 2 boat testing internal ballast movement , since they can't do it on the 45's anymore :lol:

So in 6 races ETNZ has had major failures in 50% of them that against any real competition would have seen them lose. 75% of the boats out there today broke something. Not sure whether i'm more nervous about the results or frustrated at the debacle this is turning out to be.

Just super glad I didn't blow money going to watch it.

So in 6 races ETNZ has had major failures in 50% of them that against any real competition would have seen them lose. 75% of the boats out there today broke something. Not sure whether i'm more nervous about the results or frustrated at the debacle this is turning out to be.

Just super glad I didn't blow money going to watch it.

that's right phil, huntly in the winter is the place for you!

dig any coal today?

gotta say though, it's not too shabby here either!

Anyone else see Tasker and Lester screw around in front of the TVNZ live stream camera between races today? Classic :clap:

Tasker "I need to do that Jewish woman tonight" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone accidentally left the camera on lol

Upwind foiling in that wind = Slow

ETNZ lost 100s of meters trying to do it. Great practice.

I think ETNZ were playing around a bit in that second race. They can put the pace on if they want to!

Despite all the critics I reckon those boats are just awesome and this is the most exciting Americas Cup ever. The speeds are just phenomenal. May not have the close racing and chances to overtake but I doubt anyone's heart rate didn't go up in the big nose dive !

Despite all the critics I reckon those boats are just awesome and this is the most exciting Americas Cup ever. The speeds are just phenomenal. May not have the close racing and chances to overtake but I doubt anyone's heart rate didn't go up in the big nose dive !

Gotta agree Gummy, no slow long laborious upwind tacking duels in 3 hr races, I can't see why all the moaning? It's fabulous.

44 knots of boat speed in around 13 knots of breeze! Yippee!

Archived