Skipper wanted for Auckland to Wellington

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All,   being the one who put this post up, I want to thank you all for contributing - maybe slightly less if you answer was more relevant to another topic...   I have not sailed in NZ before; m

Totally agree KM. The vessel does not have an inboard motor so probably has a transom bracket for o/motor.   USA, Great lakes a  26 footer MacGregor yacht that can do 40 mph. Won the drag trailer sa

If the object of the game was to sail a 727 down the coast for the experience then yeah, why the hell not?  Awesome boats!   But, if it's simply a delivery then shipping is the best option.

Paul whiting sailed smackwater jack, across the Tasman and sailed the SH with IT.

What's the fuel capacity / distance range and motor HP.

Excellent weather January. Probably have to motor all way.

OC

Yeah Smakwater Jack was a 1 tonner.

Quite a bit bigger than a Farr 727 1/4 tonner.

But then you knew that right?

Oh and Smakwater Jack never made it home.

Yeah Smakwater Jack was a 1 tonner.

Quite a bit bigger than a Farr 727 1/4 tonner.

But then you knew that right?

Oh and Smakwater Jack never made it home.

Yes I knew all that. Auckland to wellington is also not the Tasman Sea or Bass Strait.

Smack was lost during, as describe by Peter Blake at that time as the worst storm he had ever experienced after leaving Hobart.

The vessel was almost lost and I think at that time it was a RTW Whitbread designed boat named "Burton Cutter". and was considerably bigger than a one tonner and a farr 727

"All this experience stood Blake in good stead for a berth in the first round the world race and he joined Leslie Williams' crew on Burton Cutter. Ill-prepared, Burton Cutter's campaign was doomed from the outset - See more at:

http://www.sirpeterblaketrust.org/about-sir-peter/ocean-racing/whitbread-1973-1974/#sthash.UnEJmlR8.dpuf

"

So what's your point?

OC