Weiti Short Handed Series Programme

Fish

TXTed crew dude for next weekends 2 up. "All on, will be at jetty for 9am departure to race track"

Reply - "So the race starts at 8.30 then"

Even my bloody crew's now having a go :?

May have another entry arriving. Looks just like us but with extra long things sticking out from all over it. He reckons I sound like I'm having too much fun and he wants a slice of the action as well. Downside is no way I'll beat him around a course just like no one beat him in the CC last weekend..... bugger.... no make that a big BUGGER!

Is AA coming out to play???

Weiti 2 Man Trophy

Sat 6th Nov

10am Start Arkles Bay, KM, thats a 10am start, shouldn't you be at the dock by, maybe 6.30am or something?

Course,

From Arkles, through Tiri Channel (Navy Bouy), Saddle Is (S), Motuora (S), back through Tiri Ch, finish at Arkles,

Take your own finish time and the boat behind you

Thanks Fish, I think I've finally realised I need to untie a tad earlier. It's knot like the odd person....OK everyone, even my bloody crew and kids are taking pleasure in reminding me :)

And don't you worry there Mr Bump, we enjoy the tussles with you equally and do intend to have more, in about 6.5 days I believe.

Dear Mr AA,

May we please tie up at the club pontoon on Friday night in preparation for a relaxed start on Saturday?

It would really be appreciated.

Luv

EE

Oui careful, I've already booked one side of the jetty for a Friday nite arrival also. From memory I think there is enough water to raft up if required. Or if the weather is willing Arkles Bay does have a couple of hotties who like early morning swims... sorry, it a nice place to anchor up over night. Only 100mts to the startline.

Yes I know, I still missed that start as well but only by a couple of minutes. Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, capers and a tiny hint of picked ginger isn't a breakfast you rush :)

What a suck up EE :lol: :lol: :lol:

EE just asked me to join him :D :D :D :D :D

Oh my gawd, please remember it's knot the His and Hers Mr Squidly...... I've seen the photos and they weren't that pleasant :lol: :lol:

I wonder if this years his and hers will feature that bloody sly come out of nowhere Team Mr & Mrs Bump or do Mr Bump and JH have to fight it out to see who pulls on the mini skirt :lol: :lol:

So team Squid/Energy it is.

I'm surprised, pleased and relieved he didn't ask me if Energy has a double berth like he always seems to do. That would just be plain yucky.

EE

Hi guys, on Friday night we have our regular Twilight race so the outside of the pontoon will be busy until around 8.30 - 9. But after that there shouldn't be a problem Mr EE. You could tie up to KM on the inside, however there's a good chance you'll get there before him, but for Gawds sake don't tie in there first or else you'll be late when he sleeps ion on Saturday morning!

After the race on Fri night we're having a bit of a bon fire at the club, bar open. Bring your own fireworks but nothing that shoots things up in the air as there's alot of bush around the area and we are a responsible care bear sort of club.

Mr EE, if you can get your entry in asap please then I'll have time to research your handicap and give you one fair n square. Otherwise in the absence of time and information it's 1. :lol: Be glas to see you out there and meet another forumite!

I definitely won't be racing as Squid helped me take my rudder off yesterday. Pity as this is my favourite course. last time Squid & I did this we were in a squall doing around 14 knots, Saddle Island was fast approacing and we had a discussion about whether we drop the gennaker or change course a few degrees go to Warkworth for lunch! Tide was too low so we dropped the gennie...

I'm surprised, pleased and relieved he didn't ask me if Energy has a double berth like he always seems to do. That would just be plain yucky.

EE

Well, we do plan on being in before dark - right??

EE

Welcome up to the tropics Mr EE. Don't forget the special countermeasures the Weiti Black Ops team use to keep un wanted interlopers and beurcrats out of the river, I think most mariners call it a bar. Squidly knows the secret code but be careful, if you miss the bar you may suddenly need that double birth, ewkk!

You should be fine with your draft though, and besides, its nice soft mud...

Wasn't it this race where Fish tried out his unpatented "roller furl the spinaker around the forestay" technique :lol: :lol: :lol:

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks for bringing that up Squidly, yes the innovative method of furling the gennaker by using the backwash off the main trick, excellent example of seamanship I think when for some reason you can't run the kite halyard, but lets not mention how I came to be in that situation, accept to say I was chasing down a slippery red boat which had two crew and a total of ten arms on board grrrrrr

Archived