Weiti Short Handed Series Programme

Fish

Fair Call Squid, I forgot to mention it here but I DID mention it at the bbq afterwards as did I mention Sailutions and their new range of deck gear .

A BIG thanks to Mt Gay for the rum, to Crew.org for giving said rum to the Short Handed Series and to Sailutions for being series sponsors! Totally cool all of you!

Knot a trudge at all AA.

The very hospitable welcome, clever and damn good Series format, damn nice waters to sail in, nice dude sponsors, lack of kids aboard all combine to make it very enjoyable. Knot to mention it's almost worth it just to watch BnG pulling his crazy Ivan manoeuvres :) :) :)

Can I book 2 buckets for the next race please. One on BnG and one on Mardis Gras. Cheques in the mail, Thanks ;)

hhhmmm yes - Hay Stack has quite a few plants on it - and bird life, and sharp looking rocks when your only 20 feet away from her, bow in, helm up and still going forward at 2 knots...mean while the mainsheet has decieded to coil itself into a big ball with the windward job sheet, making a knot the size of an elephant turd - which by the way was what was left in my pants after BnG finially responded and turned away....

A tad toooooo close - but as Knot Me says - we both now know a good short cut :D

If I had not had this "little issue" I suspect we wuld have been neck and neck for a very tight finish - good to see there simply is nothing between the two R boats....

Was hoping Knot Me would be brave enough for a social weekend this weekend on the 2 handed 3 legged race - but guess BnG will have to find a new boat to play with :sailor:

Thanks Weiti - another good series - a tight overall showing for 2nd & 3rd at the moment - but as always fun. Look forward to the new END GAME...

Aaah all gud - bring CC up! More the merrier - even if AA cant be there....

Tauranga - funnily enuf I have the entry on my desk at work - keep staring at it! Gotta bring BnG up to Cat 3 tho -so looking at the list at the moment....I assume your going then? :think:

Enjoy it while it lasts - the price that is. The same superior race courses and race management will be there next season. Who knows I may even come out and play. Have fun boys and girls...

Last race this Saturday 2 April. Start 11.00AM. Two handed triangle course. Who's coming out to play? Only $10 entry which is amazing really.

I'm only coming if I get to beat you. Do we have a deal? ;) :lol: :lol:

Oh crap, forgot to tell the crew, better go do that I suppose. Knot used to having to be fully crewed. Had 4 aboard for the Nats, man was it crowded :lol:

Oh crap, forgot to tell the crew, better go do that I suppose. Knot used to having to be fully crewed. Had 4 aboard for the Nats, man was it crowded :lol:

Next he will be complaining about everybody but himself finished off the Mt Gay, whilst tied up on the marina nearest the PCC.

(You were observed . . . from a safe distance :shock: )

Did they really go racing :?: :?: :?: or only got that far south :?:

Hey, the buggers did. One was a whiskey drinker so we introduced him to the joys of Gay. Knot overly sure his Wa was too happy about that though, he was in a very wobbly state when dropped off, so I'm told. But I do believe the couch was comfortable that evening :) But we had a successful intervention, he's now a convert :thumbup:

Knot to sure if that was a good place to park. Had many comments even a fair few about our departure technique, apparently knot that flash, quiet or sober looking. But didn't hit anything so all is good :)

We'll let you beat us (if you can). I think B&G is coming out as well. So could be good fun. $10 is a mean entry fee eh?

You'll 'let us'??? Bit cocky there big fella. For you to let us 1st we'll have to let you let us :lol: :lol:

Knot sure if that makes sense or knot :?

A beautiful day on the water. Hard to believe that we're well into autumn. Bit short of breeze early on but got enough to get the race done. The Gulf Harbour area is certainly a lovely piece of water. Ross boats finished 1,2,3 on the water. We love those conditions. Lovely sail home with knot me setting a flying jib!! Must have seen them in his windjammer days. Big thanks to the finish boat crew for their patience.

Yes any day on the water is a good day - even if you do run out of cold beer, loose a bloodly good gennaker sail bag and end up with along skinny bit of weed around a T keel that wont let it go....

Yes a good day??? Well, yeah was really. A great start on port, just scraping in front of SR - made my day. Like it when you can pull one of those off! Knot Me was quite vocal as we scraped past :) ...but the wind had some huge shifts that saw all of us winners and loosers! The first two legs were good until we got the weed on - that slowed us down after the wing mark, CC and SR just kept on extending.

Frustrating - do you cut your looses and do a back up or suck it up and hope it falls off or its just us not sailing well?? ...should have done the back up!!

Thanks again to Weiti Boating Club for another great series. Will be back again!...and thanks to the "other Ross boats" for coming up and keeping us on our toes :clap: More next year please!

oh yeah - if anyone finds a grey & white sail bag with "Genn" written on the side....please send it back to Bump n Grind! We miss her!!

Now to go get thise quotes on the new.....?? :shh:

:lol: :lol: Yes a very nicely done sly port start Bump... a brave one but well executed indeed.

Lots of fun once the wind filled in especially rounding the wing mark, got a tad cosy there for a minute in that Ross boat cluster, and managing to squeeze past a charging Charlaton at the top mark, while they laughed at the size of our headsail, which is maximum Class size by the way, tiny as it maybe :( Nearly got CC back once or twice and were pretty happy the gap wasn't large come the gun.

Interesting to see just how much difference it didn't seem to make with some boats flying gennies against some hanky sized 3/4 kites a lot of the time, or at least until CC pulled out some monstrous purple number, hell that's a lot of sq feet of cloth.

We were watching the Mardi Gras - Clear Circle battle with interest, one point in it for top dog spot. That battle looked to be a full on and damn close to go either way. With 1 point in it, between 3 boats, for the next spot made it damn interesting as well. Have we bumped Bump? Did we do enough to nail Nemione? Looking forward to seeing how that panned out.

But I must say the WBC handicapping system is a ripper. It changes numbers each race if required and has made the playing field very even indeed. Going into the last race and everyone still had to play hard as there was just nothing it in. Well done Handicapper, a phrase knot heard often ;) {We do reserve the right to change that view on viewing of the final results :) :)}

Lovely sail home with knot me setting a flying jib!! Must have seen them in his windjammer days.
That was a prototype sail quickly knocked up (it's the top off an old A Class headsail) and from an idea I pinched off Mullet Boats actually. It shows good promise and will be developed a bit further yet. Hopefully a way to help against the genny powered boats yet still stay inside PHRF declarations, as that doesn't allow us to use our big sails when racing sadly.

From Team Reptile, big ups to the WBC team on and off the water, Sailutions for supporting a magnificently run and thought out series, Squid for knot arriving to the His N Hers in a mini skirt, the spectacular waters you sail in lucky sods, Tedrick my WBC crew whom I will add did a wonderful job on the pointy end especially as he sails bugger all, that was his 1st time with kites since that race last year.

And for yesterday a real big Ups to that bit of BnG grabbing seaweed, good work and brilliant timing there fella :thumbup: :lol:

I think big purple looks OK but Gary and Tony think its the wrong shape and too small.Hopefully we will get the whole series in again this year rather than just an odd race.

Archived